Leeds Hotel for romantic mini break

(10 Posts)
DomesticDisaster Wed 01-Aug-12 20:12:44

We are going to Leeds in a couple of weeks for a one/two night mini break sans children. Any ideas please?

mistlethrush Wed 01-Aug-12 20:30:34

http://www.42thecalls.co.uk/42-the-calls

BelleDameSansMerci Wed 01-Aug-12 21:00:06

I was going to suggest The Calls too... If you want slightly out of Leeds, Oulton Hall is nice.

DomesticDisaster Wed 08-Aug-12 20:16:47

bump - any more ideas anyone please?

mistlethrush Thu 09-Aug-12 15:44:41

The trouble is that there are lots of hotels in Leeds and it depends on your tastes, budgets, whether you want to be in the City Centre or happy to be out in one of the more residential areas etc. If you would list a few that you've looked at we could give you a run down on the area and whether we'd visited at all?

workshy Thu 09-Aug-12 15:46:24

as long as you avoid Etap grin

DomesticDisaster Thu 09-Aug-12 16:00:20

I haven't really looked at many yet as you are right - there are lots to choose from and I just don't know where to start! I had a look at The Calls but it didn't quite seem what I was looking for - quite pricey but I didn't think you got much for your money (the bare walls put me off a bit!)

I'm not looking for too cheap as I do think you get what you pay for but seeing as we might be staying 2 nights I don't want to spend too much as it all adds up. No more than £80 per night I think.

I would like city centre or a short walk so we can wander out at night.

Not too big - I prefer smaller hotels.

Hope that helps to narrow the field a bit.

Just off to investigate Etap to see why I need to avoid it!

workshy Thu 09-Aug-12 16:52:01

Etap gets a lot of drinkers so come 3 in the moring it's like a studet halls in fresher week!

mistlethrush Fri 10-Aug-12 07:17:58

I think that the issue is that the other 'nice' hotels are mainly large in the centre - which was why The Calls seemed to be the most appropriate option. The Hilton Doubletree is new and the bit I saw looked nice. The Marriot used to be the top flight hotel in the centre about 10 years ago, but there are many more hotels now. The Raddison is near the Museum and Cathedral, near Browns Restaurant, and that was also done fairly recently in a refurbished listed building.

lightrain Fri 10-Aug-12 07:29:12

Don't think you'll get anything that nice for £80 a night tbh. I was going to suggest the calls but if you don't think that's nice then we probably have quite different ideas about 'nice' hotels. Is malmaisson any good? They often have deals. Otherwise, Hilton doubletree is nice but I bet it's more than £80 a night too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now