Brighton hotel recommendations

(13 Posts)
JosieRosie Wed 01-Jun-11 14:48:58

Planning a dirty weekend mini-break with DP in August/September and quite fancy a trip to Brighton. It would probably be Friday and Saturday night. Looking for a hotel near the centre of town, something quiet, ideally not a family sort of place i.e. slim chance of encountering any kids. Not bothered about restaurant/gym/leisure facilities in hotel. A bit of luxury would be nice but certainly nothing OTT and not horribly expensive either. Not too much of a tall order I hope! TIA

Bearcrumble Wed 01-Jun-11 23:30:45

Avoid the pelirocco. Hotel do vin perhaps?

ChippyMinton Sun 05-Jun-11 19:03:14

twenty-one is great - the owners are helpful and friendly, breakfast is good. Nice walk to the centre.

GusGus Tue 07-Aug-12 11:18:01

I have just returned from Brighton for a short break and stayed at the Grand, it was very nice and we had afternoon tea.

Grand hotel

KarenG Thu 23-Aug-12 21:18:54

What's up with the Pelirocco Bearcrumble? Spent my wedding night there (albeit 12 yrs ago)

Heebiejeebie Tue 25-Sep-12 19:09:03

I stayed in Kemp Townhouse and loved it. Stylish and friendly. Quite compact rooms and I had a wet room no bath, but amazingly comfortable bed and delicious breakfast. Near the seafront and good bits of town.

avoid five hotel its over priced and quite bog standard

notnowImreading Sun 30-Dec-12 12:09:13

Drakes is amazing. It's v expensive but one of the bedrooms has a bathroom with two roll top baths that you can drink champagne in while looking out the (massive, uncurtained) window to the sea. You're high up so people can't see you. Has lovely cocktail bar too.

Himalaya Sun 30-Dec-12 12:13:00

I like the Pelirocco, if you like that kind of funky thing. You can sometimes find it as a very obvious "secret hotel" deal on Lastminute.com

RugBugsWearingLittleSantaHats Sun 30-Dec-12 12:41:28

Being a summer weekend the large hotels will have at least one wedding going on each night and their best suites already booked out.
Drakes feature room is indeed fantastic, as you would expect for £345 a night!
I have stayed at umi before in a superior seafront double, rooms are very nice and there's not enough room downstairs to hold a wedding reception.

That time of year, you won't get much change from £400 for two nights in a nice city centre hotel.

EdnaScoggins Sun 30-Dec-12 12:44:51

Watching this with interest. smile

Another vote for Hotel Du Vin. It's lovely.

I like the Pelirocco too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now