Wedding Song needed

(7 Posts)
user1479578648 Sat 19-Nov-16 18:51:11

Myself and my other half are getting married after 16 years and 2 kids. It is not something that we ever planned to do , we are not anti marriage just not bothered. However as we are moving overseas for work and visa regulations means we have to get married ( How old fashioned!) we are going to get married in a very small, immediate family only registry office ceremony. But we would like to have a little fun with it and have a song play when I come in that reflects our situation. My 5yr old wants us to play 'uptown funk' but I am not sure I have the goods to back that one up. I like 'walk the line' johnny cash but not for this. Think Beyonce would be funny but sort of obvious so I appeal to those more musically aware than I of a song that is amusing, not taking the piss to much but that will make us all have a small smile and a chuckle. Hit me oh wise Mumsnetters....

CharliePurple Sat 19-Nov-16 18:54:24

Billy idol, nice day for a white wedding !

CharliePurple Sat 19-Nov-16 18:55:23

Meat loaf I will do anything for love but I won't do that.

Randytortoise Sat 19-Nov-16 18:58:12

I had don't stop me now by queen playing just before I walked down the aisle, i wanted tragedy played too (I have a warped sense of humour) but dh free the line at that one!

Randytortoise Sat 19-Nov-16 18:58:42

Drew not free!

Joinourclub Sat 19-Nov-16 19:00:03

Going to the chapel

Fluffybrain Sun 20-Nov-16 07:17:12

Love and marriage - Frank Sinatra
I fought the law - The Clash
Signed Sealed delivered and I'm yours - Stevie Wonder
And my personal favourite for you...I can't be bothered now - Ella Fitzgerald

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now