Photographers- how much?

(11 Posts)
WanderingNotLost Fri 16-Sep-16 12:31:13

Planning a wedding in London for next July, found one chap whose pics I really liked so I got in touch and asked him his rates- he said "my package covers the whole day, from when you both start getting ready, until cake-cutting/first dance, and I deliver 150 edits (that you have permission to reproduce, for non-profit), via dropbox and USB….and that costs £2000"

Is that like a standard amount or is that expensive? Seems like a fortune to me!

mouldycheesefan Fri 16-Sep-16 12:34:14

I would expect some actual prints for that not just the photos on a memory stick. I would want a professional album of the photos of my choice plus the memory stick. Shop around.

LittleBoat Fri 16-Sep-16 12:34:44

We got a Student from the local college. We paid her 300 and she gave us all our photos digitally to do what we wanted with them but we also gave her permission to use the photos as she wanted too (for her course).

It worked brilliantly and the photos were great.

Katkincake Fri 16-Sep-16 15:49:58

We paid (in West Yorkshire) £995 for all day presence, around 200 photos in an online album which guests could download, plus ornate wooden memory stick of the same photos in a personalised box. He also did a pre-shoot so we could use the photos in the day. Fab quality, not generic (he's called sugarbird photography if you want to look him up for comparison) I know you'll pay more in London, but that seems a tad too inflated

BlueberryMuffins76 Fri 16-Sep-16 23:03:36

We are paying £2000, live in the East. For that we've got a pre wedding shoot, full day coverage, 800 photos in online album and memory stick. We looked at a lot of suppliers and thats a fairly standard price for high quality photography. We had quotes which were much higher actually! Ours is Tatum Reid, booked last year.

Pineapplemilkshake Sat 17-Sep-16 15:39:46

My photographer is a friend of a friend who is an amateur who does it as his hobby, but his work is very good. He's charging us £650 for the whole day, and will be bringing an assistant. For that we will get a USB stick with all the images, and we'll just get our own photos printed eg on Snapfish or a similar website. We are having a small wedding andi didn't want the typical stuffy wedding photos with us all lined up in matching clothes etc, so I've asked him to keep it informal and "quirky" I suppose - I hate that word but I just wanted sonething a little different.

Amibambini Wed 21-Sep-16 21:24:26

I'm a London wedding photographer and his rate does seem quite high for only 150 digital pictures. Unless he is super high end and has had his stuff all over the big blogs, but even they seem to give more photos.

Amibambini Wed 21-Sep-16 21:26:45

I'd say in London a decent one starts at £1200 for whole day (8-10 hours), and would include lots of digital files, printing rights, possibly an engagement shot. Albums & second photographers extra.

Amibambini Wed 21-Sep-16 21:33:31

Under £1k for a whole day is a bit budget, they have to cut corners on equipment, workflow & training to keep it that cheap and it can show. They might be fine for one wedding and then the next one produce a pile of steaming shite due to awkward circumstances.

JeVoudrais Sat 24-Sep-16 15:55:51

You can get photographers covering the day for like, £500. But I would expect to pay 1K+ for a pro that you can be confident will deliver good photos.

Mine costs £1200 and does 250 images + on a USB for that. This is a home county not London. Goes up if you want an album etc.

WhiskersAndPaws Mon 26-Sep-16 20:54:34

£1,000 for 450 digital images on a CD. Central London.

If we want prints or an album we pay for that separately afterwards.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now