I've just spent £460 we don't really have to attend a wedding.

(2 Posts)
annandale Sun 04-Sep-16 18:27:47

Really really hope nobody else gets married forever.

I know it's extravagant because we don't have it, but I don't think it's that out of line is it?

Parts of new outfits for 3 of us, fuel, haircut and new lipstick for me, accommodation 1 night, breakfast, wedding present for close family member, £30 to family member who turned up with no cash and needing some, parking. Also one fun thing to do to make the most of the weekend though maybe that doesn't count.

WhiskersAndPaws Mon 26-Sep-16 21:16:41

Ok- to be blunt.

The haircut, lipstick and fun thing so as not to waste the weekend don't count as they aren't strictly necessary- yes they make it better but you could attend without them. You could also have probably attended without new outfits most people have something dressy in their wardrobe that's suitable.

Do people really begrudge the cost of fuel everywhere they're invited to? "This birthday party cost me £200, £40 in fuel, present, new shoes, new make up can't believe the grasping birthday girl!"

Your moaning on this isn't really justified. Ask the family member to give you your £30 back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now