How does the music bit work during the registry office bit?

(11 Posts)
SayHelloToYourNewLUHuvahh Mon 01-Aug-16 12:38:05

In confused and it's annoying me.

I've chosen a song to walk in to. He has chosen a song for us to walk out to.

We need to chose a song to say our vows to.

Is that it? I can't be arsed to think of more songs, I like punk, metal and hip hop so just thinking of a few appropriate songs is already stressing us out.

Don't even begin to ask us how we get the music ideas from our heads to actually come out the blood speakers. I've no idea!

What about all the other times, we're there for 30 mins do I need to find 30 mins of music?!

How does this work?!

And surely I don't want music with words playing when we say our vows? I mean we don't really want someone like Adele interrupting us with her wailing of love woes do we?

So do we chose an instrumental track?

What the fuck are we doing?!

Help!!!!

TwuntingCat Mon 01-Aug-16 12:42:14

We had 5 songs:
One as guests entered the room
One as I walked in
Two as we signed the register
One as we walked out
The rest of the time it was silence, do people really say their vows with music in the background?

ChessieFL Mon 01-Aug-16 12:43:41

You need some music for when you're signing the register (everyone usually takes photos of that bit). That's probably what they mean rather than when you're actually saying your vows. Just put the music on a cd in the order it is to be played. Check with registrar if they will control the music or whether you need to supply someone to do that!

SayHelloToYourNewLUHuvahh Mon 01-Aug-16 12:43:42

Jesus, 5 songs?

Oh man.

Dandelionandfizz Mon 01-Aug-16 12:44:01

Afraid I can't offer any advice but I'm following for ideas.

SayHelloToYourNewLUHuvahh Mon 01-Aug-16 12:44:13

I will get someone to do it.

How do we get the music onto a CD?

NapQueen Mon 01-Aug-16 12:44:21

Is it not music for signing register?

I've never known a wedding play music over the vows (attended a fair few and ran a fair few in my job)

sooperdooper Mon 01-Aug-16 12:49:12

You don't have music playing when you say your vows smile you usually have one for guests to walk into, one for your DH to walk into, one for you to walk into, one for signing the register and one to all leave smile

They'll have a CD player or you might be able to plug a phone into their sound system

SayHelloToYourNewLUHuvahh Mon 01-Aug-16 12:54:24

That's a lot of music.

Ok so none for the vows, that's fine.
We need to get thinking then.

How do we get the music from our brains onto a CD?

sooperdooper Mon 01-Aug-16 22:04:30

Burn the music to a cd from a laptop, or ask the venue if they can play from a laptop or phone

Changedtoday Mon 01-Aug-16 22:23:15

In our case there was an option to use 'their' music. As it was, I handed over a (shop bought) CD of instrumental music we liked and it was played at the right moment (we walked in together)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now