Help me choose a wedding dress :-)

(21 Posts)
GemmaB78 Sat 18-Jun-16 17:51:13

I've found both of these little beauties in local charity shops, and I can't decide which one I prefer. The plain tea-dress will be accessorised with a blush pink petticoat (I am currently making it), mint green killer heels and a 50s style birdcage veil. The black lacy number will be accessorised with.... I haven't got a scooby-doo!

Votes please. I would ask friends and family, but I want to keep it a secret. Oh, and my apologies for the very baaaad photos!

Mooey89 Sat 18-Jun-16 17:52:30

I love both, but I just think the blush is more bridal. Congratulations!

Madbengalmum Sat 18-Jun-16 17:52:52

Love the first one, cream.
Really dont like the black one.

KateLivesInEngland Sat 18-Jun-16 17:53:57

First one, it's lovely! Congratulations flowers

allwineismine Sat 18-Jun-16 17:55:13

First one, it's gorgeous! Congratulations flowers

ScottishSnowflake Sat 18-Jun-16 17:55:47

First one for me smile congratulations!

GemmaB78 Sat 18-Jun-16 17:56:19

Thanks for the replies so far :-) I agree the black lace isn't very bridal, but I kind of like its quirkiness! I

Marilynsbigsister Sat 18-Jun-16 17:57:29

Second one whilst 'quirky' is definitely not bridal. First is lovely as are your ideas to accessorise .

sycamore54321 Sat 18-Jun-16 17:59:27

Definitely the first one. Not only is it more wedding (even if not traditional) but i don't think the black one flatters your figure. It looks heavy and bulky around the top. I also think the fabric and cut of the first one look far richer.

I am envious that your charity shops have not one but two nice dresses - I never find a thing in mine!

FenellaMaxwell Sat 18-Jun-16 18:00:36

The first one is LOVELY. The black looks a bit like a dancing on ice costume that's too big - sorry! And congrats!!

GemmaB78 Sat 18-Jun-16 18:01:23

Thank you again. I'll keep the black number for another event in that case!

I've been super lucky. Especially with the price tags!

Ilovewillow Sat 18-Jun-16 18:03:25

I love the black for an evening out but the cream is lovely particularly with the mint green heels - gorgeous!

YellowShockedFace Sat 18-Jun-16 18:05:02

Can you wear them both. White one for the day and the black one for the evening?

YellowShockedFace Sat 18-Jun-16 18:05:19

Forgot to say they both look beautiful.

PitilessYank Sat 18-Jun-16 18:06:03

Hmmmm, I think it may depend on what type of wedding celebration you are planning...

At first glance I was going to vote for dress number one, but you look lovely in both. Is it your first wedding, and if not, is that why you are considering the black dress?

Also, will you have the dress you purchase altered? Because the first one looks a bit big around the waist. I might add straps to it as well, for security's sake.

I think you can have more fun with accessories with number one; the second dress would look a bit overdone with most "bridal-esque" accessories.

Congrats on your upcoming marriage.flowers

EssentialHummus Sat 18-Jun-16 18:10:57

First one!

GemmaB78 Sat 18-Jun-16 18:13:13

Thanks for the ideas. It's my first marriage, OH's 2nd. We already have a DS so the virginal white look isn't wholy appropriate! We're having a country church wedding, with a ceilidh party in the village hall. I guess I could change. That sounds like fun!

I will alter the first one, but a bit closer to the date - I'm still working on losing the baby weight!

Thank you for the congratulations :-)

Wyldfyre Sat 18-Jun-16 18:16:02

First one definitely suits your figure better

Agadooo Sat 18-Jun-16 18:16:59

Both look
Gorgeous-definitely the first one for your wedding and the black one for another time smile

stillrocking Sat 18-Jun-16 18:39:56

First one without a doubt. Congratulations xxx

OrlandaFuriosa Sat 18-Jun-16 18:43:32

First one, but second possible for the ceilidh, black princess flatties to dance in

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now