table flowers

(8 Posts)
SummerRosie321 Thu 19-May-16 16:20:23

Would it seem tacky if I made a couple hundred of these pencil roses and used them in a vase in place of real flowers at the reception . I figured I could tell guests to help them selves after but not sure how it comes across to others. Also I'm not sure what to give as favours. Sorry about the bad quality was screenshotting a video.

Stardust160 Thu 19-May-16 16:22:55

Truthfully i personally wouldn't

SummerRosie321 Thu 19-May-16 16:29:03

Fair enough. I wasn't sure how it looked. Would it still look as bad if I did it to some pens for signing the guests book? Really wanted to add my own touch without it seeming tacky.

BlueberryJuice Thu 19-May-16 21:56:15

i didnt have table flowers, i wanted table decor to be useful, so on each table i had 3 jars of sweets, each one filled with after eights, jelly babies and jelly beans, that way the decor was useful as guests could eat it, or what my new hubby and some of the other men at the party did, use the jelly babies/beans as tokens to play poker with lol

MrsLettuce Thu 19-May-16 22:01:11

Well, if you want an corporate style identi-wedding then those wouldn't be the thing to use, no.

There's absolutely no reason why you can't do your wedding your way though. I think they're rather charming.

MrsLettuce Thu 19-May-16 22:03:12

It'd be masses of work wouldn't it?

BennyTheBall Thu 19-May-16 22:06:30

No. Sorry.

SummerRosie321 Fri 20-May-16 21:21:51

I'm going to make some to sign the guest book with and use them to see how they would look in a vase. I probably won't use them though. I think it's the amount of work that would go into it that made me intrested. Wanting to keep myself busy. I'll have a look online for some different ideas.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now