Wedding website

(9 Posts)
YoMommasMomma Tue 17-May-16 13:40:25

Just wondering if anyone has used a website to post their wedding details, gift list etc? There seem to be various companies that do this and you can design your own site and I wondered if anyone was/is using one? Are they any good and do guests like using them?

cloudysun Tue 17-May-16 13:52:17

We had a website that people loved. Mywedding.com. It's free and you can personalise it.
For pictures we had wedpics which is also free. It's an app that you get people to download before the wedding. Everyone sees them live and helps keep pictures off social media. Before our wedding we posted pictures of us as children.

momb Tue 17-May-16 13:55:06

We used Zankyou but took out lots of the pages and added our own.

YoMommasMomma Tue 17-May-16 14:29:02

Thanks for the suggestions. Do you think your guests actally went on the pages and did you still send our paper invites?

momb Tue 17-May-16 15:39:46

We sent a simple invitation with the address of the website on it. If they wanted any information other than the time and the venue they needed to use the website. it worked well..

cloudysun Tue 17-May-16 15:44:48

We did exactly the same. A simple vista print invite (got loads of compliments) and a detailed website with RSVP.

You can see the number of page views and set up bespoke webpages such as song requests, food options, pictures of the venue etc.

For us a website was worth the initial set up.

YoMommasMomma Tue 17-May-16 16:06:59

I think it's such a good idea to send a very I simple invite and then put all the details on the site. So much better than complicated invites with insert cards etc.

cloudysun Tue 17-May-16 21:26:45

I agree yo. I had so much fun. Enjoy the prep and have an amazing wedding. smile

YoMommasMomma Tue 17-May-16 22:06:27

Thank you cloudy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now