Full English breakfast as the wedding breakfast?

(72 Posts)
Clocksandcandles Sun 28-Jun-15 10:19:16

Quirky or odd?

We really like the idea but unsure as to how well it will be received by guests.

Anyone done this or been to a wedding where they did this? What do you think?

It would be served buffet style so people can choose what they want...

Finola1step Sun 28-Jun-15 10:20:33

I have never seen it but I would get my vote.

Earthbound Sun 28-Jun-15 10:20:46

Gosh I would love that!

OrangeSquashTallGlass Sun 28-Jun-15 10:22:00

Amazing! Go for it.

DulcetMoans Sun 28-Jun-15 10:22:48

Never heard of it either but sounds like a winner, especially if it's serve yourself!

Can you add chips? Everything is better with chips!

GinUpGirl Sun 28-Jun-15 10:23:17

I would LOVE that!

SinglePringle Sun 28-Jun-15 10:23:26

Horrible. Too greasy.

WestEast Sun 28-Jun-15 10:23:35

Sound a bloody lovely. Just make sure there's enough bottles of sauce!

BlueBee Sun 28-Jun-15 10:23:54

Depends on your wedding. Are people travelling and staying in B&B's and hotels? They may end up having 2 cooked breakfasts that's all.

IBelieveInPink Sun 28-Jun-15 10:24:00

First thought was... Really?

But the more I think about it the more I like it! Go for it! ��

Whichseason Sun 28-Jun-15 10:24:09

I would not enjoy it. Generally it is too fatty for me. I would eat some of it and not saying negative.

GooodMythicalMorning Sun 28-Jun-15 10:24:44

Id think it was brilliant.

seaoflove Sun 28-Jun-15 10:26:31

Not for me. Too greasy and sloppy and too much potential to get grease/egg/tomato on nice clothes. I can't imagine drinking wine with a fry up either!

And if you serve baked beans, imagine the mass farting later on grin

ShatnersBassoon Sun 28-Jun-15 10:27:17

Yes, my first thought was if people would be in a hotel the night before. Two full English breakfasts in a day is an unpleasant thought.

It doesn't sound very special to me I suppose. Sausages are everyday food.

MuttonCadet Sun 28-Jun-15 10:27:50

No I wouldn't like it, messy and nit good with wine.

ClashCityRocker Sun 28-Jun-15 10:27:57

Hmm, grease, stodge and presumably alcohol don't sound like a great mix to me.

Also, serve yourself breakfasts are usually not great - most of the conponements don't respond well to being kept warm.

DontCallMeBaby Sun 28-Jun-15 10:29:17

I would love it. I'm a big fan in all wedding things of letting people know what to expect - in this instance if they were staying in a hotel they'd know to have a lighter breakfast in the morning (or they'd KNOW they were getting two cooked brekkies grin)

HorraceTheOtter Sun 28-Jun-15 10:31:05

Odd. Also buffet style cooked breakfast are grim at the best of times. Also some poor did at the back will end up with congealed eggs and beans and nothing else. I would really, really dislike this.

HorraceTheOtter Sun 28-Jun-15 10:32:07

That should say sod. Not did
Stupid phone.

snowaccidentprone Sun 28-Jun-15 10:32:40

Sounds lovely. Especially if served with warm bread rolls. You could have Buck's Fizz with it.

As long as they are 'proper' butchers sausages.

You could have it with mushrooms, and mini rostis.

As a veggie I would love an omelette with it, or the veggie sausages which are cheese and leek.

WizardOfToss Sun 28-Jun-15 10:33:09

I think some people would love it. I wouldn't. Doesn't seem very special to me either. However, if you fancy it, it's your do, so go ahead - just let people know what to expect!

IHaveBrilloHair Sun 28-Jun-15 10:34:23

No, I love it, but it's a meal I want to slob on the couch after, not drink wine and dance in fancy clothes.

leccybill Sun 28-Jun-15 10:35:37

I always feel a bit greasy and lethargic after eating one, so no I probably wouldn't like this. Also, I can only eat one with a mug of builder's tea, wine doesn't really go!

chipsandpeas Sun 28-Jun-15 10:35:47

id love it, once of the best wedding receptions i was at had served bacon rolls at the evening buffet

TitsCrossed Sun 28-Jun-15 10:36:01

I like the idea, but not with wine... I was at a wedding recently where they served large glasses of Pimms after the ceremony. From a distance, while we were all queuing to get out if the ceremony room, it looked like pints of beer. Everyone was very excited by this prospect and a bit underwhelmed when it turned out not to be. Beer and full English is a great combination.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now