Mother of the Bride/ Groom gifts

(9 Posts)
PsychicPaper Thu 20-Mar-14 07:11:13

Anyone have any good ideas?

We need to source gifts for mother of bride, mother of groom, 2 x grandmother of bride and 1 x grandmother of groom.

Doesn't need to be extravagant (the boys have socks :D ), but something to recognise their help, love and support.

I'm not keen on flowers as they have to be looked after and may well die anyway in that environment.

Budget is max £5 each?

mrsnec Thu 20-Mar-14 07:23:48

I bought strawberry pots for mine I got them ready made and delivered but if you did it yourself you may get it around your budget. Last longer and taste nicer than flowers!

PsychicPaper Thu 20-Mar-14 10:12:30

Thanks MRS

i was really hoping for something more - keepsakey - though

mrsnec Thu 20-Mar-14 10:22:41

Oh, I see what you mean. When I was a whitness at a civil partnership they gave me a miniature bottle of bubbly and a painted champagne flute in a nice box, that was a nice gift and wouldn't cost much.

PsychicPaper Thu 20-Mar-14 11:50:25

That sounds like a good idea for the mums, will have a look.

The Granny's dont drink however.

What I really fancied was a corsage of silk (or similar) flowers, but cant seem to find anywhere.

Chopsypie Thu 20-Mar-14 11:54:46

Not on the high street have some silk flowers but can't remember how much.
They also have some nice key rings

if you're artsy, have you considered crochet flowers? you could use the colours of the wedding, and crochet/knit a few flowers into a brooch or something? Then it lasts and also could be worn in the future etc.

pussycatdoll Thu 20-Mar-14 18:24:49

£5???

I bought spa gift vouchers

£50 each

But then my mum really organised my whole wedding !

PsychicPaper Thu 20-Mar-14 18:50:56

Reveal, you are a genius!

i have already crocheted the bouquet, of course I could crochet more!!

pussy- yes £5 - whole wedding budget is circa £1000, and we have organised ourselves smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now