Phase Eight wedding dresses...when do they have a sale?!

(13 Posts)
amandine07 Fri 14-Feb-14 10:15:49

Hi everyone

Have just discovered the gorgeous wedding dresses that Phase Eight do!

Was originally planning to order something via a bridal shop as per normal but now seriously thinking of getting off the peg dress at Phase Eight.

Question is- does anyone know when they tend to do their sales...? It'd be great to save a few pounds if possible.
Also, does anyone know of any recent valid voucher codes?
Thanks in advance! grin

GertyD Sat 15-Feb-14 08:10:56

Usually around June time. Keep an eye on House of Fraser, John Lewis and Debenhams websites as they are stockists, and always have the best sales.

amandine07 Sun 16-Feb-14 00:16:54

Thank you Gerty, wedding is in summer so don't have much time & so need to make some crucial decisions soon!

GertyD Sun 16-Feb-14 07:31:40

Oooh! Good luck. I just got mine from Monsoon, but Coast also have a beautiful off the peg collection. It is pricey though.

amandine07 Sun 16-Feb-14 18:33:33

Yes been looking at Monsoon website- like the look of the Ellis and Carlotta dresses although the first one is a bit out of budget at £700!

JessieMcJessie Tue 18-Feb-14 00:47:57

I just ordered the Gardenia dress online. Thought it was overpriced for the quality and it didn't really fit right and is not too alterable, so agree that you should try to wait for the sale. There are some on sale in their website now, but they've also just launched a new range and I imagine they'll stay full price till after the summer wedding season.

JessieMcJessie Tue 18-Feb-14 03:02:23

When I say "on sale" I mean reduced- can't do link on phone but just go to the sale section of their website and there are 15 on there.

Thesunrising Tue 18-Feb-14 03:12:53

I got my wedding dress from phase eight. Great price for what they are. But if you need to get it altered make sure you know of a good sewing type person. My dress was full of lace and beads and it took me ages to find someone that was prepared to cut the material and take up the lengthI payed over £100 to have mine shortened and to have a loop added to hook up the train. I phoned phase eight directly to get a recommendation from their garment technician for an approved alteration company, and they were no help, so had to find my own.

amandine07 Tue 18-Feb-14 12:09:07

Just noticed Phase Eight website is doing promotion currently- 20% off using code LOVEP8

amandine07 Tue 18-Feb-14 12:10:00

In-store and online
Oh just seen wedding dresses are excluded!

amandine07 Tue 18-Feb-14 12:14:12

Thesunrising

Thanks for that info- that's what concerns me buying off the peg on the high street...can the dress be adjusted, is it too intricate, can it be shortened (all wedding dresses have been too long for me!)

I don't know any local dressmakers...just worried it could be more hassle than going via a bridal shop...however I really want to stick to my budget which is about £500-600 total (dress, veil, shoes, alterations)

The hunt continues! grin

Thesunrising Tue 18-Feb-14 12:53:54

Mine was tricky to shorten as the lace had a scalloped edge. It was a case of finding a sewer who was 'brave' enough to cut the lace and reapply the scalloped edging. It can be done, I just found loads of alteration people were wary of chopping into a wedding dress in case it went wrong. Ask in store and they may be able to recommend someone locally that does all their other alterations for them

SweetCicely Tue 18-Feb-14 21:42:58

Have you considered looking at sample dresses? I just bought a sample for my wedding day and it came in at £1000 less than the manufacturer's RRP. I've seen the dress secondhand on eBay for £300 more than I paid for it. Never thought I'd find a reasonably priced dress off the high Street but can now say it's worth checking out any bridal outlets/sample sales in your area.

Good luck with Phase Eight too - some gorgeous dresses for sale!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now