Hen Do's

(5 Posts)
confettiwoman Mon 20-Jan-14 16:48:26

Personally i'd say stick to your friends/bridesmaids etc - i didn't invite my mum or my MIL and they were more than happy about that. Its a fun and naughty night out, not something i would say older generations of your family or your other halves should be there for.

BackforGood Mon 20-Jan-14 11:04:19

I had 3 grin
I went for a meal and a boogie with everyone from work
I went for a nice pub meal with all the older relatives (well, and my sister and SiL) but that meant I could invite MiL to be, both his Grandmas, his Aunty, my Mum etc.
and
I went for a meal and clubbing with my mates that I tended to go out with normally on weekends, at the time.

but then, I didn't have the problem of not talking to anyone.

Leeds2 Mon 20-Jan-14 10:58:29

I would draw up a list of people you would like to invite, friends and family from both sides, maybe work colleagues too. Then think of what you want to do. And invite people from the list who you think would like to do the activity. Certainly needn't include MIL.

My niece got married recently, and had her mother and MIL to the evening meal, but they left before the evening activities got under way.

Pobblewhohasnotoes Mon 20-Jan-14 04:59:43

Whoever you like! I only invited friends as I didn't think my mum and mil wanted to see me getting drunk and go clubbing. Or want to go clubbing for that matter.

GertyD Tue 14-Jan-14 22:32:05

Hey there everyone. Who do you traditionally invite to the hen do? Is it just the brides side? Because we are not talking to my MIL I feel kind of awkward about inviting anyone else in DP's family as I don't want them to feel that they are disrespecting MIL... I know they would feel awkward. But if I don't invite them then that looks bad, and is worse almost. MIL is invited to wedding but I doubt she'll come.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now