Bridal Bargain Bragging!

(14 Posts)
CuppaSarah Thu 09-Jan-14 14:40:00

Since getting married is so flipping expensive, finding a bargain is so stupidly satisfying! I know I don't want to bore my friends and family over and over about what great bargains I've found here and there and there is no way I'm the only person out there absolutely bursting at the seems with the need to brag about any savings I've made. I'm so frugal and tight fisted, I've so far managed to make everything come in under budget somehow. I NEED to tell the world.

We're on a super tight budget, but even if we weren't I'd still be trying to save. I flipping love good deals, so please come show off to me about any great deals you've managed to find for your big day! that way I don't seem so big headed bragging about my own savings

CuppaSarah Thu 09-Jan-14 14:47:21

I should probably start with some of mine! I managed to get my wedding dress which was worth over £1000 for £99 in a sale. The sales person didn't tell me the price till after I choose it, which was really good of her. I nearly fainted at the price!
I also managed to find wedding photography for only £150! They are a reasonably new company and had a brilliant introductory offer.
I also won our wedding rings! Which was a wonderful unexpected bonus. grin I know it's a bit crude talking about how much everything costs, but since it's anonymous online I don't mind.

HelloDoris Thu 09-Jan-14 20:26:02

I bought loads of wedding decoration bits from Dunelm Mill in their January sale for 30p a pop.

Minionionionion Thu 09-Jan-14 20:32:45

My dress was £15 (although it's not a traditional wedding dress) and DPs suit was 70% off and we have done a lot ourselves.

I've made a felt/button bouquet, a family member is taking photos, evening do is at a relatives gorgeous house and only day guests are going smile

We are starting the table plan and favours this weekend smile

When are you getting married?

Grotbagstwin Thu 09-Jan-14 20:38:34

Cuppasarah those are some fab deals!
I bought birdcages for £5.99 each in Dunelm sale after seeing the exact same ones in local florist to hire for £10 each.
I found the bridesmaid dress in a wedding magazine and went online thinking it would be £££, it was £120, a month lTer I went to order to find it discontinued due to stock issues, they had the sample and sold it me for £30, the right size and only needed one.
jenny Packham for Debenhams flower girl dress on ebay for £5 as the girl had had a growth spurt but they had bought it ages before so couldn't return it.
Same on ebay an M and S kids suit for £8 still with tags on all of it.
Old fashioned looking ribbed sweet jars in one shop were £11.99, I went in Store21 and got some identical ones £4.99 each, buy one get one free!

Going to be holed up for months after the wedding ebaying it all.

Grotbagstwin Thu 09-Jan-14 20:40:17

Oh and the suits were 3 piece suits £200 each, picked them, went home to get sizes of all the men and went back a few days later, they were reduced to £79, they offered me additional discount if I got the store reward card and ended up getting them for £55 each!

CuppaSarah Thu 09-Jan-14 21:02:34

Wow! I'm very impressed. We haven't sorted suits yet, but I hope I can get some great deals like you! Oh I forgot our bridesmaid dresses were only £24 each. I found the exact dress I wanted off the rack in New Look. I couldn't believe my luck. I also found a 3 tiered chocolate cake in our colour scheme with the exact right amount of portions for only £45 in M+S which is ace.
Bird cages seem to go for stupid prices too so they were a huge bargain. I bet you can sell them on afterwards for the same price you paid.

MsAspreyDiamonds Thu 09-Jan-14 21:07:15

Just bought my wedding shoes, two pairs, one high heeled, one low heeled and therefore more comfy, for a total of £40 for both of them. They are beautiful and not white therefore I will wear them again, lots of times I am sure. They were both reduced from £80 to £20 in the Jan sales. I am ridiculously excited.

Bought my wedding dress and DP's suit for £80 each, after much savvy research.

Made the save the date cards and the invites myself, cost £10 for the card and £20 for the ink to print them.

DP and I are making almost everything ourselves, or getting friends to help

I will be making my own bouquet, which I am very excited about!

GertyD Fri 10-Jan-14 19:01:11

Best find ever! I got my wedding dress for 40.99 on eBay from a wedding shop that was going bankrupt. The dress cost 1400 ordinarily. It is truly stunning. Currently doij go the jan sales for the rest....

MsAspreyDiamonds Sun 12-Jan-14 16:57:55

Join a wholesalers like costco to buy large multipacks of food & drinks which is cheaper than paying rrp on single units. This is helpful if you are doing a DIY wedding & catering yourself.

warehouses.costco.co.uk/membership/

MsAspreyDiamonds Sun 12-Jan-14 16:59:09

warehouses.costco.co.uk/membership/

Clargo55 Sun 12-Jan-14 17:08:51

I'm making my own flowers and decorations using paper. There are some lovely Origami bouquets and they work out really cost friendly. Also a lovely keepsake, my OH loves Marvel comics so I'm using some paper from those for some of the flowers and some pages from my favourite book.

happylass Australia Mon 13-Jan-14 17:33:49

Well done ladies, some amazing bargains here! I got these Benjamin Adams shoes reduced from £160 to £45. Perfect for me as I'm 5ft 10" so didn't want anything too high!

www.weddingshoes.co.uk/benjamin-adams-salma-wedding-shoes.html

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now