Wedding planner book

(10 Posts)
Bigfatgypsyweddingwatcher Sun 05-Jan-14 09:23:44

Can anyone recommend a wedding planning book? No idea what I'm doing! Thought a book might help me.
Thanks.

Bigfatgypsyweddingwatcher Sun 05-Jan-14 09:24:13

Or are they any good?! confused If you know what to avoid let me know too!

I just use a note book. Don't know why you would need a special one that is designed by someone else, surely it won't have everything you actually want in your wedding in it?

I would avoid using one as it will probably make you feel you have to do certain things that actually you don't have to do, like have favours or fancy cars or 400 bridesmaids and ushers.

stopthenoise Sun 05-Jan-14 22:12:01

Agree with over. Someone gave me a wedding planning pack and half the stuff in it is no good for me. There's a budgeting section but lists things we're not having or things we'd never even considered. I just have a diary for payment deadlines and appointments and a notebook for everything else - ideas, contacts, table plans, things to do/buy, checklists etc.

LittleDoris Sun 05-Jan-14 22:16:20

I had a look at the ones in Paperchase, and while they are lovely, I couldn't justify £30 (I think) on something I could easily do in a 99p notebook from the shop.

I considered getting a wedding planning book (because the paperchase ones are oh-so-pretty) but decided i was getting Sucked In by the Wedding Industry and so changed my mind...

Instead I have a perfectly normal ringbinder with a set of dividers which I have labelled things like "budget" "guests" "ceremony" "clothes" "food and drink" etc, and then I write stuff in there and stick in things etc. It's helped me be organised, it has everything I need in it and it was free (old ringbinder!).

My friend printed me a budget off the internet but as it included things like a bouquet AND a throwing away one, and a pillow for the rings (do they need to be cosy?!), and invitations to the stag do, I decided it was much better to make my own list and go from there!

Don't get sucked in to the nightmare...

LegoCaltrops Mon 06-Jan-14 10:16:47

I was given one as a birthday present. I found it after DH & I got married, it was still unused. It went to the charity shop! Seriously, use a diary for your deadlines, a little notebook for any lists, & get ideas from the web. The planner books are a waste of money IMHO (unless you are a 'scrapbooker' in which case I can sort of see the appeal).

peeveddoesntcoverit Wed 08-Jan-14 11:27:09

Not sure what phone you have but I'm getting married in 3 months and have found the Android wedding plandroid invaluable!
We're well ahewad of 'schedule' on everything and as a result I'm nice and calm. Ish. grin

peeveddoesntcoverit Wed 08-Jan-14 11:27:28

* ahead.

amistillsexy Wed 08-Jan-14 11:33:32

I recently found the scrapbook I made when planning my wedding. It's nothing fancy, just a very nice large spiral bound scrapbook (with very lovely stiff textured paper), and I stuck in the photos, fabric swatches, etc that appealed to me for my dress, flowers, etc. It also has the very posh letters from the Bishop that we had to write to, to get special dispensation for us to be married in the church I went to as a child.

I found it useful when talking to dress designers my mum and florists my mum again to have these to refer to when explaining my ideas, and it was lovely to just come across it twelve years later and remember it all smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now