What's everyone's plans for their honeymoons and have you booked yours already?

(20 Posts)

I don't even know where to start really. Or when to actually book it. We aren't getting married till August but thought of having the honeymoon in the Winter to escape the cold for a bit.

Just curious and like hearing about other people's plans!

PsychicPaper Tue 03-Dec-13 20:56:19

2 weeks in Mexico leaving 2 days after the wedding

happylass Fri 06-Dec-13 07:33:20

Santorini for 11 nights leaving 2 days after the wedding next August. Would ideally leave it a few more days after the wedding to go and have a full 2 weeks but I can't as I have to be back in work <stamps foot>.

HelloDoris Sat 07-Dec-13 20:36:37

Nothing planned yet, wedding in July, hoping to get a long weekend away to Barcelona. We have 2 small DC so don't want to go away for too long without them!

purpleroses Sat 07-Dec-13 20:39:13

We've not planned it yet. But I quite like the idea of going more or less straight after the wedding. We're getting married at the end of May so June would be a good time for most of Europe. DP has a health condition that makes anywhere requiring certain jabs out.

BaileysOnRocks Sat 07-Dec-13 21:15:59

We have two young DC too, so we are doing a weekend in Rome.

Grotbagstwin Tue 10-Dec-13 23:05:09

We are going to Center Parcs on the Monday after the wedding as we have a ds and I don't want the stress of having to pack and do finishing touches to wedding so we are going Greece a few months afterwards.

stopthenoise Wed 11-Dec-13 20:55:05

Disneyland Paris grin day after the wedding with DS for 5 days

We're getting married in August, in the southwest. DP's parents are hiring a chalet to stay in for the weekend, and so we're taking it over for a few days afterwards (once they've gone!) just to give us some chilling-out-and-being-together time, especially as I start a new job a few days after that!

We're hoping to do a really nice "honeymoon" (something in the Pacific) either winter 2014 or 2015, depending on finances, but we're happy to wait for that bit!

DirtyDancingCleanLiving Sat 14-Dec-13 23:06:42

We're getting married on the 1st of June and the honeymoon is 4th August. We're going to Malta with the dc for ten days.

No honeymoon booked yet but thinking of Madeira for a week a couple of days after. DS will be coming too.

We're going to the Isle of Wight for 4 nights

merryxmasyafilthyanimal Mon 30-Dec-13 21:58:16

Getting married in a few weeks but no honeymoon as we don't have bat money. Sadly the only people we know who have to actually pay for their own, hence not having one.

merryxmasyafilthyanimal Mon 30-Dec-13 21:59:11

*any money

I don't know what bat money is!

ammature Tue 07-Jan-14 23:14:46

We have decided Croatia but have not booked a thing. September... This year. Feels mad to say it!

TheCunnyFuntIsGettingMarried Wed 08-Jan-14 11:16:07

I have no idea, getting married at the end of october and DHtb is booking the honeymoon and apparently I won't know where we're going until we check in. It'll be somewhere hot though, I can guarantee that much grin

60sname Fri 10-Jan-14 18:31:06

Scandinavia in June: Norway, Sweden and Finland for two weeks, leaving 2 days after the wedding.

Augustwedding Sat 18-Jan-14 22:29:07

Getting married in August and honeymoon booked 3 months ago. Fly to Washington, D.C. 1 day after wedding. Then to Vegas, San Diego, then drive to LA abd into San Fran. Well fly hone from San Fran! Can't wait!

We're getting married in November and I've just booked our honeymoon in New York beginning of December. Suppose I should sort out the wedding now hmmgrin

FourAndDone Mon 27-Jan-14 08:05:05

Hobeymoon to turkey day after the wedding.smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now