My bridesmaid is annoying me, but am I being a bridezilla?

(13 Posts)
CuppaSarah Mon 25-Nov-13 10:08:28

Maybe she's exaggerating a little because shes trying to be supportive and excited? She may have tried it on once or twice and made it out to be more so you'd know how happy she is with the dress? She sounds like a lovely, enthusiastic(and maybe a little quirky) bridesmaid and you are most definably no bridezilla.

WaitMonkey Wed 06-Nov-13 14:21:18

What an odd thing to do. hmm grin

SoupDragon Wed 06-Nov-13 11:57:30

Laugh with her about it and then say "look, I am really glad that you're pleased with it and excited, but when the novelty has worn off please can you put it away so it doesn't get dirty... or I'll have to come and take it away!"

peeveddoesntcoverit Wed 06-Nov-13 11:41:38

That's true actually, I suppose it's a good thing really that she likes it. She's probably not as accident-prone as me. I'm always spilling stuff, or tripping over, or walking into walls...grin

Dfg15 Wed 06-Nov-13 11:41:31

But why would you need to wear a bridesmaid's dress around the house to get used to it? I've got visions of her wearing it to do the hoovering in and cleaning the loo! Not fair to the bride at all.

SoupDragon Wed 06-Nov-13 11:40:11

Underskirts are easily re-poofed, assuming they are layers of netting. Just separate out the layers again.

A bit nuts to wear the dress but at least you know she is excited and loves it!

bebopanddoowop Wed 06-Nov-13 11:39:39

I would be glad that she liked it enough to wear it round the house! I'd be pissed if she wore it on a night out, but wearing it at home to get used to it is sensible I think

peeveddoesntcoverit Wed 06-Nov-13 11:39:32

I might actually offer to store it at my house for her.

Dfg15 Wed 06-Nov-13 11:38:14

It definitely isn't you. Tell her you've thought about it, and would really prefer that she didn't wear it around the house. Remind her that its discontinued and if it gets ruined there's no chance of replacement. She's being very silly and unfair to you.

peeveddoesntcoverit Wed 06-Nov-13 11:34:05

I think "completely nuts" might be right. grin

Not going to mention it to her now, the moment has passed. I was just a bit shock and wanted to make sure it wasn't just me.

EldritchCleavage Wed 06-Nov-13 11:27:26

Not unreasonable to be a bit annoyed, for the reasons you mention, but don't go nuclear on her ass. It is worth a gentle reminder that they're discontinued so you can't replace it in the event of an accident, and could she please please look after it. I expect the underskirt can be re-pouffed somehow.

Dfg15 Wed 06-Nov-13 11:26:51

Seriously! why would anyone want to wear a bridesmaids dress around the house. Either she's winding you up, or she's completely nuts - and no, you are not being a bridezilla. Tell her to stop.

peeveddoesntcoverit Wed 06-Nov-13 11:24:35

So, I bought my two bridesmaids their dresses, and a poofy underskirt, to wear for my wedding in 5 months. Bought them online, in a sale, as they were being discontinued.

Had the dresses delivered to their houses. Both bridesmaids tried on their dress and underskirt, they fitted, and they have said they're happy to store them at their houses until the wedding day.

However, was chatting to one bridesmaid the other day and she said "that dress is so lovely, I've been wearing it round the house loads. My DH told me to put it away though."

I laughed at the time but I'm a bit annoyed she's been wearing the dress around the house loads - she said that the underskirt had already lost some of its poof - where's there's potential for it to get something spilled on it, or just for it to lose its "newness". And as it's now discontinued, I couldn't replace it if it got ruined.

So am I being a bridezilla by being annoyed? (probably) smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now