Opinions on wedding.

(7 Posts)
msmorgan Wed 02-Oct-13 12:34:01

The last few weddings we've been to the dance floor was pretty empty until late on anyway so we just don't see the point, and they were much bigger wedding than ours.

I'm hoping for a relaxed evening, sort of like just being at the pub.

raisah Tue 01-Oct-13 22:19:21

If you have music then people can dance if they wish but you dont need to fork out for a dj. My wedding was like this, I had music but no disco but people could danxe if they wanted to.

WaitMonkey Tue 01-Oct-13 09:12:13

Sounds lovely and you certainly don't need a disco. Congratulations. thanks

msmorgan Mon 30-Sep-13 22:15:15

Thanks for the replies. I like our wedding plan, but a few people have commented on the lack of a disco.

I'm swaying towards the U shaped table (this was dp's least preferred option) as the venue has said they would then switch the tables to circular after the meal, which I think is better for when everyone will be sitting chatting or milling about.

Hassled Mon 30-Sep-13 21:17:16

That sounds really nice. I prefer the U shaped table option. With 40 people it will be relatively intimate - everyone will talk to everyone else at some stage, so you don't need entertainment in the way that you might otherwise. I didn't do the first dance thing - couldn't have stood the embarrassment - and we had no dancing; it was fine.

nkf Mon 30-Sep-13 21:13:51

It sounds nice. Not too much waiting around, short speeches, no disco, no first dance, plenty of food, kids entertained. Sounds fine to me.

msmorgan Mon 30-Sep-13 21:09:10

We are getting married March next year. We wanted as small a wedding as possible so are having 40 people which includes ourselves and 2 dd's. This is our plan for the day, does anyone see any problems with it?

3.30 - ceremony

4 - 5.30 - photos, drinks in the bar.

5.30 - 8.30 - sit down meal, very brief (if any) speeches, cutting of the cake.

We are undecided on the seating plan, opinions on this would be good. Our options are,
4 circular tables with no top table.

A top table which we would seat all the kids at then 3 circular tables (this is dp's idea). There will be 7 kids, they are being served their meals quicker then we have an entertainer coming to keep them occupied in the adjacent room until after the meal.

Our final option is a U shaped table with the top part being the top table. Our dd's would be sat with us, and our parents.

8.30 until late - everyone stays in the same room, which has a bar in the adjacent room for drinks, there is to be a buffet or some other kind of hot food served at 9.30. Neither me or dp likes disco's and given that at least 60% of our guests definitely will not get up and dance we don't see the point. We are having a playlist as background music.

Will people get bored as there is no entertainment at all? Will it seem a bit rubbish with possibly no top table, no speeches, no first dance?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now