Help me find a wedding dress

(14 Posts)

I got mine in Oxfam in Cambridge for £99. Think larger stores have a bridal section.

cookielove Sat 28-Sep-13 21:54:31
Mandy21 Sat 28-Sep-13 21:41:25

Have you looked at Jim Hjelm Occasions? I can't work out how to do the link but if you google it, it'll come up. More evening / bridesmaid type dresses. There is a huge range of styles, you click on the style and then it gives you a swatch card underneath. Lots of creams / whites and other colours. Some stunning dresses.

If you still want to go for a formal wedding dress, have a look at Suzanne Neville, she has some gorgeous understated wedding dresses.

OBface Sat 28-Sep-13 20:20:01

Temperley dresses are gorgeous.

how about a Temperley?

voscar Sat 28-Sep-13 20:08:18

Cookie - I love the style of that damsel dress - but the daisy lace design is too much pattern for me. Def in the right direction though!

voscar Sat 28-Sep-13 20:05:49

So I love the Jenny Packham knee length one on here -http://www.runbriderun.com/knee-length-and-short-wedding-dresses-from-runway-fall-2013.html

I'm thinking more this style. I'd like either cap sleeves or three quarter lace sleeves (so a strapless that could be teamed with one of those silly shoulder things would be ok?). I would consider floor length but I'm a 10/12 and wobbly so really tight or mermaid are out. I don't like anything that comes in at the knees.

Thank you all so much!!

OBface Sat 28-Sep-13 19:57:15

Jenny Packham is your friend here - makes lovely evening gowns as well as having a bridal range. I wore this JP for my wedding.

Inclusionist Sat 28-Sep-13 19:57:01

Second one down, I should have said.

Inclusionist Sat 28-Sep-13 19:56:42

The one I liked was a bit like this although there was a bit more white on the top layer.

cookielove Sat 28-Sep-13 19:44:37
TeaAndCakeOrDeath Sat 28-Sep-13 19:37:06

Ooooh, virtual wedding dress shopping! I'll help look!

Ok, so what kinda thing are you looking for - colours you like/to avoid, shape, materials, budget?

Inclusionist Sat 28-Sep-13 19:33:53

I was head over heels for a black wedding dress which had white voil layered over the top by Pronuptia.

DH vetoed a black wedding dress (I had to run it by him really grin ) but maybe you could get away with it for an evening do.

No idea if they still do it though. <unhelpful>

voscar Sat 28-Sep-13 19:30:41

Evening all!

We are getting married late next year and having a black tie party with an evening candlelit ceremony at 6pm. So no wedding breakfast, no speeches, no cake. No formalities etc.

I don't really feel a full on bridal gown to the tune of a grand is the right kind of dress for this? I'd still like a bridal gown but I'm really struggling to see anything more understated in bridal stores.

Can you help me please?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now