I don't know anything about wine :-(

(9 Posts)
DIddled Fri 27-Sep-13 13:27:13

Gets you pissed- gives me a wicked hangover. I love it but it doesn't love me. That's all I ever needed to know! I stick to beer but miss a lively chilled glass of Sauvignon blanc .

Re the aldi wine-the red and Rose toro loco are I believe excellent at 3.69 a bottle.

LifeofPo Fri 27-Sep-13 13:23:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LondonInHighHeeledBoots Fri 27-Sep-13 13:21:47

We asked guests grin made it much easier.

sashh Thu 26-Sep-13 07:47:27

google 'naked wines', they sell wine by the case and are fantastic at giving advice.

I ordered some wine just to drink and they phoned to see what I thought. They also have an internet forum for 'novices' where you could get some advice. <disclaimer, I do not have shares in this company I just have had excellent service>

Alternatively ask your guests what they like. Have you sent out invitations yet? You could include a card asking which wine they would like and give a couple of options.

Is there a local wine tasting club or class?

This is where you need to ask any friends or family you have who might know a bit about wine.

Or alternatively get yourself to Aldi or Lidl (whichever one it is) and buy the win that all the MNers rave about on here. There are quite a few cheap but god wine gurus on here.

Majestic's deal where they buy back wine you havenpt drunk is very good.

DP are I are driving to France this winter and visiting some vineyards to taste their offerings and then we will buy all the wine we need and drive it back. Could you do that? And make it into a mini holiday too?

NatashaBee Mon 23-Sep-13 11:41:03

Have you tried somewhere like Majestic? Those type of places often offer to supply on a sale or return basis and also provide glasses. They should be able to suggest good wines for your budget.

CuppaTeaAndAJammieDodger Mon 23-Sep-13 11:20:47

Dp is a wine buyer. let me know your requirements, tastes (do you like dry whites or sweeter, fragrant or citrusy, heavy or light reds etc.) and budget and I'll ask him.

Do you have a friend or family member who knows about wine? They'd probably be honoured to advise you.

Lynday Sun 22-Sep-13 13:35:35

Looking for some advice. We will be supplying wine for the meal. Red, white and maybe rose. Had a quick look In tescos last night but I don't have a clue about wine and was stood in the aisle feeling very lost!

Was wondering what other people had at their weddings? Or was there a nice wine at a recent wedding they've been to? Or just a general (cheap) nice wine that they know about?

Our main is pork and our budget is next to nothing!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now