field for a wedding

(20 Posts)
purplepingu Mon 21-Oct-13 23:03:52

We have our own land (luckily!) and are going down the marquee route for our own wedding. Just a word of caution, it can end up costing more than hiring a venue once you've added the caterers, toilets, bar, staff etc. You need to want the idea of a marquee wedding, rather than think it's a cheaper option.

And beware of hidden costs. We found that marquee companies frequently had hidden extras such as VAT, flooring, electrics etc. and caterers tend to not include VAT, staff, equipment and linens in their quotes.

CuppaTeaAndAJammieDodger Mon 21-Oct-13 22:57:52

Ohh where is it diet?

have found a campsite who will ler me put up marquee free of charge!!!

has camping mobile homes and log cabins so accomadation for all wink

Gingersnap88 Thu 22-Aug-13 13:59:10

The festival brides website has some good venues (fields etc) that you might like!

sooperdooper Thu 22-Aug-13 13:59:02
sooperdooper Thu 22-Aug-13 13:49:57

I agree on looking at campsites that you can have sole hire of rather than a field with nothing & I arrange events for a living smile

The logistsics of arranging running water, toilets, power etc into a field with nothing whatsoever IS possible, but will be expensive and complicated, and you'd be better off looking for a campsite, even with basic facilities which you can use, I think that'd be much easier for you

AcaciaRoad Thu 22-Aug-13 12:29:59

We're planning to do the similar, but a few years down the line, I'm very interested to hear what you come up with.

This is expensive but lovely [[

This is on the Dorset/Hants border. www.dantanners.co.uk/sopley-lake.htm

Any good?

NoComet Sun 18-Aug-13 13:59:49

Portal aps = porta loos [confussed]

NoComet Sun 18-Aug-13 13:58:44

Also if your rural find your local Young farmers club (YFC), by definition many of them have fields. They also know all about organising casual and unsober events (many, many happy memories of distant hills, long, long ago)

NoComet Sun 18-Aug-13 13:54:13

Talk to your local Guides and Scouts. They may only use official guiding sites, but many don't.

Also cricket, rugby, football clubs. Our little cricket club pavilion is often supplemented with marques, tents, gazebos and portal ops for village festivals.

Our local tiny village hall grows a marque in the field next to it for large weddings, very much the best of both worlds

MorningHasBroken Sun 18-Aug-13 13:00:08

just wondered if you'd tried searching for campsites rather than wedding venues. a google search for 'basic campsite' brought up this. A big campsite will usually have a couple of different fields, they might be happy to put one aside for you and your guests?

am hoping for 500

loads of places do it but they are expensive so hoping someone knoes something cheaper

thank you for looking I hsve google ober load

ImperialBlether Sat 27-Jul-13 13:38:44

How much would you expect to pay for the field? Just looking around for you!

ImperialBlether Sat 27-Jul-13 13:36:52

Sounds lovely. I think it would take quite a bit of organisation, but it would be a lovely atmosphere.

I would hire in toilets etc. I know it prob sounds odd, but we want a festival feel very casual, no speeches etc

ImperialBlether Sat 27-Jul-13 12:04:38

But what about access to toilets, running water, etc? You can't just have a field and nothing else, can you?

hi all hoping someone can help
I am looking for a field to hite in the south east, berks bucks, oxon dorset etc
just want a field no extra services as I want to diy ideally allowed to camp there too!

found a couple but all wedding venues do hire alone is over 1500 shock
any suggestions appreciated

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now