small, informal, fun wedding venue ideas please!

(8 Posts)
Emmaeek Wed 17-Jul-13 16:36:23

Hi!
We're planning on marrying Aug/Sept 2014. We really want to keep it small (less than 50 people, 15 of whom will be children).
We want it to be really family orientated and so as relaxed, informal and fun as possible. We really want everything on one site, and I like the idea of close family being able to stay the night before and the night after. We want to sort the catering ourselves and aren't bothered about a dancefloor etc because going on the guest list, I don't think that's going to be needed. We just want a lovely intimate ceremony, and then all be able to chat over food and have a laugh afterwards. We really want something outside (weather permitting), so were thinking a barn with cottages so the kids can just play. We're in Derbyshire, although we don't mind travelling, esp if there is accommodation to make a weekend of it for everyone.
Has anyone come across anything on their travels that sounds suitable? So far the places we've looked at are trying to include too much 'stuff' that we just don't need, or they look perfect but can't do the ceremony.
Please help!!! I honestly thought something small like this would be easier to sort out, but it seems I was completely wrong!
Thank you! smile

look on a website called group accommodation . com, and then at their wedding venues.

Lots to choose from provided you have the budget!

MadCap Wed 17-Jul-13 17:35:32

Our local zoo does them. I've seen them when I've been there with the family. The pictures would be fab and the gardens usually are nice in zoos.

Pobblewhohasnotoes Thu 18-Jul-13 13:01:25

We got married here.

www.parkfarmhouse.co.uk/

We had a BBQ rather than a sit down meal, they aren't expensive and we got married in one of the barns. The food comes from the farm too

Emmaeek Fri 19-Jul-13 10:30:49

That fab guys, thanks.
Pobblewhohasnotoes - I'm on their site now and have made an enquiry! It looks perfect! :-)

momb Mon 22-Jul-13 15:10:03

Hartington Hall ? Only issue is that you won't have sole occupancy , but otherwise could be everything you asked for.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now