opinions on wedding videos please

(4 Posts)
Tinkerblast Thu 13-Jun-13 13:58:33

Hi, I'm trying to get a realistic cost of having my wedding filmed from getting ready to the first dance. It seems most companies aren't very forthcoming with their rates on their websites and want you to contact them directly for quotes. Before I go giving out my contact info all over the place I was hoping people could let me know what a realistic cost is so I have an idea of whether it's something we can even stretch to.
Also I've been advised it may be cheaper to have a wedding highlights video rather than have the full day filmed and edited. Apparently this comprises of a sort of montage of the key moments (getting ready, ceremony, throwing bouquet etc) there's no audio, you just select tracks to be played over approx 20 minutes of footage (such as what you walked down the aisle/had first dance to etc)
I'm not sure what I think of this option, probably because I have my heart so set on the "traditional" video package.
I'd be interested to know what other brides (past or future!) think to the highlights option, if anyone has had this done and again a rough idea of what would be a realistic cost.
Thanks in advance for any replies!

Kt1991 Fri 14-Jun-13 14:25:31

I came across one persons website through my phototographers who charge around about 500 pounds. Unsure how long they are with you for though sorry. I’m gonna try to get a family member to film the main bits of ours, are you able to do that if you didn’t want to spend a fortune?

Belugagrad Thu 20-Jun-13 16:30:04

My sister did mine but it was just highlights, will you ever watch the whole thing all over again? Highlights is 15mins to
Music, I love it.

stopthenoise Wed 31-Jul-13 15:26:06

I'd love to have my day filmed but the cost frightens me! We have our own camcorder and are asking members of the family to take it turns during the day to film the most important bits for us. We're also good friends with our photographer so they are willing to help out too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now