Ideas for a all inclusive honeymoon please :)

(14 Posts)
Kt1991 Sat 08-Jun-13 08:29:56

We get married two weeks today, and we have asked for money towards our honeymoon, which we are booking very last minute and going few days after the wedding. We originally wanted to go to New York,but feel this is more of a dream now sad so looking for all inclusive places which are perfect for a honeymoon? I’ve only been to Salou and America, so not very good on knowing some nice places! TIA

Essexgirlupnorth Sat 08-Jun-13 08:38:38

We went all inclusive to Sri Lanka and it was amazing.
How much is your budget? Could look at Egypt, Mexico, Caribbean, Thailand or closer to home have seen some beautiful hotels in Greece.

chestnut100 Sat 08-Jun-13 08:38:41

Hi, I can wholeheartedly recommend any of the "couples" chain properties in Jamaica (been to them all) or the excellence properties across the Dominican and Mexico. All ultra all inclusive and adults only. They are pure bliss.

Recently we have been using a company called blue bay travel to book with (promise I have no links to them, just a v satisfied customer). They are always v competitively priced and almost always seem to have brilliant perks such as free upgrades. (We are off to Mexico shortly with a v substantial upgrade for cheaper than I could get the most basic room with much worse flights)

Doodlekitty Sat 08-Jun-13 09:34:00

I agree with Chestnut, we went to couples tower isle and it was absolute heaven for 2 weeks. Make sure you mention it's your honeymoon!

chestnut100 Sat 08-Jun-13 11:44:32

smileTower isle is our fave! We got engaged there x

Leeds2 Sat 08-Jun-13 12:00:15

Any of the Sandals resorts in the Caribbean. My niece has just got back from the one in Antigua, and a friend's daughter from the one in St Lucia. Both had a wonderful time.

wundawoman Sat 08-Jun-13 12:05:12

Sharm El sheikh - amazing place, romantic and good value grin

AnnoyedByAlfieBear Sat 08-Jun-13 12:12:38

The lakes in Italy are beautiful.

bettybyebye Sat 08-Jun-13 12:25:29

How about looking or a late deal on a cruise? We went on a Caribbean cruise for our honeymoon which was utterly fab, visited about 9 islands in a fortnight. All food is included but drinks are extra, however if you're booking v last minute you could probably find an excellent deal

Gwennan Sat 08-Jun-13 12:40:52

A friend recommended Galley Bay Resort & Spa in Antigua to me. No personal experience sadly!

Gwennan Sat 08-Jun-13 12:42:35

Just wanted to add that it is hurricane season in the Caribbean between June & November so do bear that in mind.

Kt1991 Sat 08-Jun-13 17:53:19

Thanks everyone, should of added that we can only go for 4 days as have a 2 year old DS who isnt coming! So don’t know if its worth doing all inclusive?

chestnut100 Tue 11-Jun-13 16:13:59

Ok another suggestion that could work for 4 days. South Africa, 2 days in Cape Town, 2 days in safari (highly recommend shamwari private reserve). Slightly long flight however on same time zone as uk so you don't waste any time adjusting. I would do it for 4 days. Absolutely awesome place

pinkr Sun 11-Aug-13 11:55:32

If you only have four days how about a city break...Paris, Rome or Barcelona? My sister loved Berlin. Plenty of nice shopping, eating and exploring.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now