when sending invitations do we use our full names?

(8 Posts)
memphis83 Tue 30-Apr-13 09:14:10

Hi we are getting our invites printed soon so would you have the full or shorter names we are known by e.g if our names are Rebecca and Matthew is that what we put or would it be Becky and Matt if thats what we get called day to day?

boardingschoolbaby Tue 30-Apr-13 09:17:02

They are your invitations so you can do as you wish, but traditionally it would be the names of the brides parents invite x to the wedding of their daughter (full name) to (from a full name)

boardingschoolbaby Tue 30-Apr-13 09:17:55

It's so exciting for you- one of my favourite parts was getting the invitations. It's all so very real property that point. Enjoy.

boardingschoolbaby Tue 30-Apr-13 09:19:00

Grrr fat fingers- real and proper (and intended to be all one message not two) sorry.

memphis83 Tue 30-Apr-13 09:31:56

Thank you for the quick reply.
Our parents have all seperated so we are are having Together with our families.... But its just my family will expect my full name but friends will laugh as I hate my full name.
So excited about the invites. I wanted something a bit different and weirdly more excited about those than the dress!

AliceWChild Tue 30-Apr-13 09:35:17

You put what you like. Depends how formal you want to be, how traditional etc. We just put first names including one shortened but we're not big in tradition or formality.

memphis83 Tue 30-Apr-13 09:41:55

Thanks again, we are just having first names as its doubtful our 11 & 12 letter surnames would fit on.

DewDr0p Tue 30-Apr-13 09:44:49

I agree it depends how formal/traditional you want to be about it. Our invitations came from us (much to PIL's disgust, not sure why as they wouldn't traditionally have been from them anyway lol!) - we did use our full names but then dh prefers his to his nn and I am variously known by both. If I were called Sue (to pluck a random eg out of the air!) and never Susan then I think I'd have gone with Sue personally.

No right or wrong though - what feels right to you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now