how many songs?

(5 Posts)
Crawling Sat 20-Apr-13 17:20:44

I cant rememeber if while im getting married I need 4 or 5 songs is it the same everywhere? Do you know what order they go in eg seating walking down aisle.

Scheherezade Sat 20-Apr-13 22:25:58

I'm marrying in a church. Organist is playing music whilst guests sit/mingle, brides entrance, hymns, during the signing of the registers (3 songs), recessional.

Crawling Sun 21-Apr-13 07:08:50

Can I ask scherezade congrats btw are you finding it extra hard to organise because of your illness? as I know I am. Im worried it may cause a relapse in my case are yiu diing anything to minimise this?

Scheherezade Sun 21-Apr-13 17:17:40

Not really, I'm organised with lists etc, and stable on my medication. I get anxiety etc, but lithium keeps the full blown episodes at bay.

cookielove Sun 21-Apr-13 17:25:39

I got married at my reception venue, they asked for a songs for when people were mingling before the wedding started, the song i walked up the aisle, the song playing while we signed the register and a song for walking back down the aisle. The manager of the venue sorted it all out for us.

When i entered the venue i was pulled into an office with several of my bridesmaids to confirm i was who i said i was, i saw Dh walk past the window and did a little dive out of the way, almost knocking the registrar off her feet blush i presume music was playing at this point but i have no idea. I then was taken by my father to where i would begin my walk, we waited a while and i could hear the music then. During the signing i have no recollection of music playing or when we walked back down the aisle, although i am sure it was!! You'd think i'd remember right blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now