Collecting stuff already!

(3 Posts)
DeskPlanner Sat 30-Mar-13 18:18:11

What a lovely idea. Even more special as you found the wood and your dh2b created it.

momb Fri 22-Mar-13 17:58:58

Haha! I knew I was marrying the right one for me :-)
By the time I got the giant chunk of wood home the car smelt funny and I found it was too heavy to lift out of the car. Went inside and told him I had brought him a present. He took one look at my face and said 'it's mental isn't it?'
Then looked at the chunk and said 'well we'll need to season it in the garage because it'll split if we leave it in the house. When it's dry I'll level it and feed it oil from both sides, once I've carefully picked off the moss. Shame you couldn't get lots; they'd make amazing table centres!' Then he hefted it and carried it off to lay it flat in the garage. God I love this man !!! grin]

momb Fri 22-Mar-13 16:37:32

I'm not getting married until next August but as the men were chopping down the trees outside my office today I've been out and got a beautiful tree slice to put my cake on. Now all i need DH to do is plane and oil it before next summer!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now