No seating plan

(5 Posts)
givemeaclue Mon 25-Feb-13 16:22:55

Great idea, I went to a wedding like that it worked very well. No need for naff poem

I think your ushers/maids will spend a lot of time telling people there is no seating plan unless you have a sign. A friend who had similar simply hung signs at the entrance saying 'Sit wherever you please' or something similar

KissingKittyKat Mon 25-Feb-13 11:30:03

Your wedding sounds great and I love the no seating plan idea.

I never really see the point of them, unless you are inviting some shy individual people who won't know anyone else there and might otherwise be a bit 'lost' and not know where to sit.

I agree that a poem is not necessary and might just confuse people. I either wouldn't bother or just have a sign saying no seating plan, please sit where you like grin

CunfuddledAlways Sat 23-Feb-13 12:11:14

I probably wouldn't bother tbh, once people see their is no seating plan they will just sit wherever. think the whole poem thing with weddings is a bit sickly sweet IYSWIM?

Our reception is going to be held in a beautiful village hall. We are having a marquee in the grounds outside, a hog roast, fun fair games, hay bales and lots of fun activities!
We want it to be a relaxed and informal reception, so we are not having a formal seating plan.
Can anyone help me think of a little poem or rhyme that I can make into a sign to put in the entrance? Something that tells people to sit, stand, lean etc wherever they choose?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now