How to easily decorate chairs (cheaply!) without using chair covers?

(7 Posts)
mirai Thu 21-Feb-13 23:32:55

I am not very keen on chair covers, and to hire them is ridiculously expensive.

The chairs at our venue are quite plain and I want to prettify them! So, how can I easily and cheaply make the chairs look a little nicer?

(I am aware this really is not a big problem in the grand scheme of things, but hey!!)

sashh Fri 22-Feb-13 05:49:56

florist ribbon bows.
helium balloons?

mirai Fri 22-Feb-13 09:10:12

Do you think the florist bows look ok without chair covers, just on their own?

I think the room might be a bit small for helium balloons, nice idea though smile

Vakant Fri 22-Feb-13 12:44:27

Depends on the type of chairs you are using but I did something similar to this at my wedding.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ribbons+on+chair+wedding&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari#biv=i|2;d|sCNzIsc7c452tM

I had wooden folding chairs, bought lots of end of spool cheap ribbon from the market every week, cut them to random lengths, then tied them to the top of the chairs.

Vakant Fri 22-Feb-13 12:45:33

Sorry link doesn't work, google ribbons on chair wedding and you should get some pics.

sashh Sun 24-Feb-13 05:41:03

Do you have any time and can you sew?

My cousin made all hers and then sold them to the caterer.

I think bows would be fine, it's only in recent years chairs have been decorated.

battery powered fairy lights? but I suppose numbers could add up and the cost of batteries as well.

www.lights4fun.co.uk/c/q/indoor-lights/indoor-battery-lights?gclid=COz61dadzrUCFYfJtAodLk4AwA

were using a chair cover supplier who's doing the sashes of satin with a bow for £1 a chair or £2 if we want a fresh flower with the bow

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now