Aargh we won't be consummating vows on wedding night!

(7 Posts)
Bue Fri 01-Feb-13 20:51:29

I wouldn't let that stop me but TBH the wedding night was probably the worst sex DH and I have ever had. We were exhausted- it was a very perfunctory, let's get this over and done with affair!

KatAndKit Fri 01-Feb-13 10:16:52

I agree with the norethisterone suggestion. You start taking it about 5 days to a week before you are due and once you stop taking it your period comes within a few days. It is basically a progesterone pill.
Or if you have a few months to go, you could start taking the pill in the meantime and then back-to-back a couple of packs if needs be, and then come off it right away afterwards.

bellabelly Fri 01-Feb-13 02:03:32

You can have sex on your period! If you are squeamish about the blood, get yourself to the doctor/nurse and have a cap fitted, that takes care of the mess. Take some painkillers for the pain or ask your nurse if s/he can prescribe you something to help with painful periods. To be honest, I was FAR too drunk happy/tired to consummate my marriage until the next day anyway. Luckily, we'd been living together for ages so it didn't really seem like a big deal.

NatashaBee Fri 01-Feb-13 01:42:31

There's a pill you can get prescribed to delay it - noresthisterone I think it's called.

TheSmallerPenguin Fri 01-Feb-13 01:42:24

Yes, you can postpone it with norethisterone. Talk to your GP smile

quoteunquote Fri 01-Feb-13 01:37:45

Get pregnant, it stops periods for some people. grin

FedupofTurkey Thu 31-Jan-13 22:45:58

Cos I'm due on, and I'm so bloody regular I'll be weepy and in stomach pain all day. Can I postpone it anyway? Don't want to go on the pill- p'd off!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now