Aargh we won't be consummating vows on wedding night!

(7 Posts)
FedupofTurkey Thu 31-Jan-13 22:45:58

Cos I'm due on, and I'm so bloody regular I'll be weepy and in stomach pain all day. Can I postpone it anyway? Don't want to go on the pill- p'd off!

quoteunquote Fri 01-Feb-13 01:37:45

Get pregnant, it stops periods for some people. grin

TheSmallerPenguin Fri 01-Feb-13 01:42:24

Yes, you can postpone it with norethisterone. Talk to your GP smile

NatashaBee Fri 01-Feb-13 01:42:31

There's a pill you can get prescribed to delay it - noresthisterone I think it's called.

bellabelly Fri 01-Feb-13 02:03:32

You can have sex on your period! If you are squeamish about the blood, get yourself to the doctor/nurse and have a cap fitted, that takes care of the mess. Take some painkillers for the pain or ask your nurse if s/he can prescribe you something to help with painful periods. To be honest, I was FAR too drunk happy/tired to consummate my marriage until the next day anyway. Luckily, we'd been living together for ages so it didn't really seem like a big deal.

KatAndKit Fri 01-Feb-13 10:16:52

I agree with the norethisterone suggestion. You start taking it about 5 days to a week before you are due and once you stop taking it your period comes within a few days. It is basically a progesterone pill.
Or if you have a few months to go, you could start taking the pill in the meantime and then back-to-back a couple of packs if needs be, and then come off it right away afterwards.

Bue Fri 01-Feb-13 20:51:29

I wouldn't let that stop me but TBH the wedding night was probably the worst sex DH and I have ever had. We were exhausted- it was a very perfunctory, let's get this over and done with affair!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now