Ideas to keep the kids busy!

(11 Posts)
Youremindmeofthebabe Fri 25-Jan-13 14:30:50

Relatively cheap and fun ideas to keep the kids (including our own) occupied at our wedding please. There could be up to 19 children from 1-8 y/o.
My mind is blank!

PhyllisDoris Fri 25-Jan-13 14:33:14

19 kids! I'd hire an entertainer.

Otherwise, ask for the place where the reception is to put aside a room where they can play on a Wii, watch DVDs etc

RillaBlythe Fri 25-Jan-13 14:39:15

best wedding we went to from the kids point of view was one with a dedicated creche area off the main marquee. Dunno what they got up to in there but I barely saw DD. Perfect smile

NumTum7 Fri 25-Jan-13 15:03:29

We had a bouncy castle and a old fashioned ice-cream trike with unlimited ice-cream smile there was also a tennis court where the kids brought their own bikes/scooters and some garden games and chalk boards for them to scribble/play noughts & crosses on

CMOTDibbler Fri 25-Jan-13 15:13:21

I'd hire someone too - I went to a fab wedding last year where they had a jester who did circus skills outside with the kids during the speeches and balloon modelling between food courses. The kids had a fabulous time and really enjoyed being with him - and the adults didn't have to worry either

Where abouts are you youremind?
I am in the process of setting up a mobile creche company and may be able to help if your close by .

MummyPig24 Sat 26-Jan-13 09:04:01

For the amount of children you are having I would definitely look into hiring an entertainer or bouncy castle and face painter/balloon modeller. We are having 5 children (2 of which are our own) ranging from 2-8 years old. I have got little colouring books and crayons and some small packets of lego for the bigger boys, duplo for the 2yo. Hopefully the speeches etc won't go on too long so they shouldn't be too bored. Like the idea of chalkboards!

where are you raspberry tart?

Youremindmeofthebabe Sat 26-Jan-13 21:05:58

Hi all.
I am Yorkshire, Raspberry. Although I suspect that there isn't a separate room to hold a creche in, but am loving the entertainer idea. I was put off by cost initially but have looked into it and balloon modelling and that isn't too bad for a few hours. Outside space limited too, but a bouncy castle would have been ace!

Party bags with small quiet crafts in and hoping for good weather, I think. Perhaps disposable cameras and some sort of hunt/mission for the older ones.

Thank you all :-)

Not entertainment, but I'd recommend a little snack box with a mini picnic each to keep them from getting too hungry and irritable before the meal.

I'm in Cumbria:-) Yorkshire a bit too far !!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now