plus size wedding dress shop

(6 Posts)
KatAndKit Mon 11-Feb-13 07:13:07

Embrace bridal boutique in Deeping St James (just north of Peterborough)

I have ordered my dress from there - all samples are 16+ and they stock some specific plus size ranges too. Great customer service. Much better than all the other shops I went in and it was so much nicer when you aren't squeezing into things three sizes too small and feeling like a great big heffalump.

im an 18/20 in high street which seems to be a 24/26 in wedding shops

found a dress i like but part of me wonders if its too simple

What size are you if u don't mind me asking ?

Most retailers and designers will go up to size 28-30
It's finding them in the sizes that's the problem so would be worth having a look online, finding a few that you like and calling round all of your local stores to see who stocks them in a size closeish to you

And get a fab seamstress, the most fantastic dress will look appalling if it doesn't fit you exactly

Toooo far, sorry but in Darlington we have a shop called Dobinsons and most of her gowns go up to 32.

More than that is her service. I got married 8 years ago as a size 18/20 and she was fantastic - new how to dress me so I looked gorgeous and very tactful smile

Just been fitted for bridesmaid dress for my sisters wedding adn now size 26(+!) Again she nipped me in a thte wasit, made my boobs look perfect and hid my tummy - a genius!!!

So really you need a damn good fitter / sewing lady near you.... Dress i choice was a Phil Collins I think...

best of luck! And, if you don;t mind me saying, keep the faith that your perfect dress will come along.

emsyj Wed 09-Jan-13 22:33:34

Bit further than you want to travel, but there's a place called Heavenly Bodies in Catford (S London) that gets outstanding reviews & recommendations.

May be worth looking on the You & Your Wedding forum pages and asking on there, as you're likely to find more traffic there and it's something that is regularly discussed - there's a specific page for fashion and another for plus size brides, either would have plenty of traffic for you to get recommendations closer to home if you don't want to travel as far as London.

littlemissmulledwine Thu 03-Jan-13 09:48:16

can anyone recommend one? live between nottingham and Lincoln but happy to travel around 50 miles

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now