I hated wedding planning

(8 Posts)
ProlificWillyBreeder Mon 04-Mar-13 09:21:55

Oh no I see that was for OP. ignore me, I'm off to find coffee

ProlificWillyBreeder Mon 04-Mar-13 09:21:16

Um, it's early if that was for me trills...no DP is fine we just have 2 wedding ideas and can't decide which way to go.

ProlificWillyBreeder Mon 04-Mar-13 09:19:46

I so far have decided on bridesmaid bouquets...that is actually it.

Trills Mon 04-Mar-13 09:05:54

Does he make plans and then change them and cause you inconvenience and stress in other aspects of life? Or just weddings?

ProlificWillyBreeder Mon 04-Mar-13 08:53:41

I hate the whole thing.
I hate not being able to decide with DP what we are going to do. I also very much dislike budget constraints!

Esker Sun 20-Jan-13 12:11:22

I didn't hate the actual planning, but I hated people asking about it all the time - I felt like I was failing to meet their expectations of gushing about colour schemes/flowers/favours etc. I loathe bridal magazines - what a waste of money, only ever bought one. I also just couldn't understand why people obsess over tiny details like what hairclips the bridesmaids will wear etc - no one cares or notices on the day!

redexpat Fri 18-Jan-13 19:23:36

Well perhaps you should write a blog? That way you dont have to structure it like a book. I think it would be a healthy antithesis (is that the word?) to this ridiculous idea of the Bride spending every moment of her existence planning her dream day .... <vomits on self>

Beaverfeaver Thu 03-Jan-13 02:31:36

But happened to plan almost 3 weddings in the space between getting engaged and married due to DH's 'Groomzilla-ness' causing last minute mind changes throughout

Thought about writing a book on how not to plan a wedding (or 3), but I'm as terrible a writer as I am a wedding planner.

We got there I'm the end, and tied the knot in July 2012.

I won't go into much more detail right now, but wanted to get it off my chest, as I know there are other unnatural planners out there like me too.

If anyone has any questions on how not to do something, fire away, as I seem to have done most things a few times

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now