I hated wedding planning

(8 Posts)
Beaverfeaver Thu 03-Jan-13 02:31:36

But happened to plan almost 3 weddings in the space between getting engaged and married due to DH's 'Groomzilla-ness' causing last minute mind changes throughout

Thought about writing a book on how not to plan a wedding (or 3), but I'm as terrible a writer as I am a wedding planner.

We got there I'm the end, and tied the knot in July 2012.

I won't go into much more detail right now, but wanted to get it off my chest, as I know there are other unnatural planners out there like me too.

If anyone has any questions on how not to do something, fire away, as I seem to have done most things a few times

redexpat Fri 18-Jan-13 19:23:36

Well perhaps you should write a blog? That way you dont have to structure it like a book. I think it would be a healthy antithesis (is that the word?) to this ridiculous idea of the Bride spending every moment of her existence planning her dream day .... <vomits on self>

Esker Sun 20-Jan-13 12:11:22

I didn't hate the actual planning, but I hated people asking about it all the time - I felt like I was failing to meet their expectations of gushing about colour schemes/flowers/favours etc. I loathe bridal magazines - what a waste of money, only ever bought one. I also just couldn't understand why people obsess over tiny details like what hairclips the bridesmaids will wear etc - no one cares or notices on the day!

ProlificWillyBreeder Mon 04-Mar-13 08:53:41

I hate the whole thing.
I hate not being able to decide with DP what we are going to do. I also very much dislike budget constraints!

Trills Mon 04-Mar-13 09:05:54

Does he make plans and then change them and cause you inconvenience and stress in other aspects of life? Or just weddings?

ProlificWillyBreeder Mon 04-Mar-13 09:19:46

I so far have decided on bridesmaid bouquets...that is actually it.

ProlificWillyBreeder Mon 04-Mar-13 09:21:16

Um, it's early if that was for me trills...no DP is fine we just have 2 wedding ideas and can't decide which way to go.

ProlificWillyBreeder Mon 04-Mar-13 09:21:55

Oh no I see that was for OP. ignore me, I'm off to find coffee

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now