The Chalkboard Craze - nice or naff?

(13 Posts)
mirai Thu 25-Oct-12 10:03:55

I'm not talking about the ones where the guests write a message to the bridge and groom, they can be a little cheesy but not too bad

I mean the ones of the bride and groom themselves, her holding one saying "I'm with him" and he's holding one saying "I have the bestest wife ever" or similarly inane comments etc etc...

Where does mumsnet stand on these?? smile

ViviPru Thu 25-Oct-12 16:54:31

A little on the starting-to-become-tired side along with moustaches and lips on sticks, but then I do spend far too long on wedding blogs, and probably represent a very small minority who feel this way. If you like it, do it!

TobyLerone Fri 26-Oct-12 09:33:43

I think the ones where the guests write messages to the couple are cute. Can't imagine I'll be doing the "I'm with him" thing. That seems a bit too far on the cheesy side for me.

LOATHE the stupid moustaches/lips on sticks thing, though grin

Aboutlastnight Fri 26-Oct-12 09:35:58

<thanks the lord yet again that she never got married...>

Mintyy Fri 26-Oct-12 09:37:50

Wtf is this about moustaches and lips on sticks? I haven't been to a wedding in a long time.

TobyLerone Fri 26-Oct-12 09:39:51

Here, Minty:

Twats.

Mintyy Fri 26-Oct-12 09:53:39

But ... why? confused

Startailoforangeandgold Fri 26-Oct-12 10:05:11

Chalkboard could be fun so long as you have several so people can be writing while waiting their turn.

My DDs would think it was great, but DD1 would spend ages drawing something.

Get a mate to do the pictures, no one wants to pay £6 to the photographer.

ViviPru Fri 26-Oct-12 11:37:41

But ... why?
grin

mirai Sat 27-Oct-12 00:56:27

Ooh yes the "dress up box" phenomenon, all feather boas and wacky oversize sunglasses. No thanks.

NewNames Sat 27-Oct-12 00:59:43

Naff

JudeFawley Sat 27-Oct-12 01:37:53

Omg,so SO naff.

Startailoforangeandgold Sat 27-Oct-12 01:41:29

Why would you want a fake moustache or a feather boa when you've spent a fortune on dress shrug and done your make up and hair.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now