The imaginatively-named Wedding Quiche

(947 Posts)
TobyLerone Sun 21-Oct-12 18:49:15

Come one, come all.

Getting married? Come and tell us about it so you don't have to go on the scary Bridezilla forums.

Wedding-whore? Come and relive the best day of your life.

Wedding-voyeur? Bugger off, you freak! Get your fix here.

roughtyping Sun 06-Jan-13 14:14:05

shock paint the walls? Are they needing done?

Ooooh would be fab fun tho...

Scheherezade Mon 07-Jan-13 07:39:50

So we just got told our landlords selling up and we have to be out by March angry

TobyLerone Mon 07-Jan-13 08:22:34

sad what a bugger! Have you got a backup plan?

Scheherezade Mon 07-Jan-13 14:20:24

Apart from trawling rightmove, no sad

memphis83 Mon 07-Jan-13 21:25:31

Oh that is shit timing regarding move sad

So regarding table decorations my mum turned into mumzilla again today and even with a year to go 'I need to start laying down firm plans' this is while I ummmed and aahhhhed at a birdcage (to fill with flowers) I want it quite vintage looking so would it be better if I had all the tables with birdcages and dotted teacups with flowers in or I was thinking hurricane lanterns, birdcages teapots, just different things to put flowers in, would this look a bit too shabby shit rather than shabby chic? I bought one birdcage today just to shut mother dearest up!

catinsantasboots Mon 07-Jan-13 21:26:28

How long now Toby??

T minus what????? grin

TobyLerone Mon 07-Jan-13 22:39:30

Ummm...4, I suppose.

Eeek!

We've just made the party bags and I've spent 7 hours making sodding cake today!

TheBrideofMucky Tue 08-Jan-13 18:05:47

Not sure how I've missed this!

I'm getting married in July so my wedding is a bit longer off than some of yours but I still have a lot to organise although I have been getting on it the past few days.

My head is full of tiny wedding details, I am frying oh's brain a bit, having ignored the whole wedding thing since we booked it (although dress and photographer are thankfully sorted).

I'm also a big advocate of the Ultimate Strapless bra someone mentioned above. I have one and it is fabulous. Although my dress is quite low at the back so need to try both on together and make sure they are compatible.

The ultimate strapless wonderbra is a thing of wonder smile

No long now for Toby! I was 8 months yesterday.

My things I have done - commissioned a birdcage veil/headband thing, been given a flower girl dress, bought the suits and caved in and bought the Vivienne Westwood Melissa shoes that every second bride is wearing on the blogs I read but I love them so I don't care and they were an eBay steal

Scheherezade Tue 08-Jan-13 20:29:25

Does it work for little boobies too? I was thinking of trying the la senza gel bras.

I now can't grow my own flowers so had to ask florist to do it. Still not decided how to decorate the hall or how many tables to have out so no idea how many to order

TobyLerone Tue 08-Jan-13 20:54:49

I have the Westwood Melissas too, in orange! I bloody love them.

Not long indeed. Today I potted some primroses as centrepieces/favours, made a blackboard and also painted 30-odd glass bottles with blackboard paint. Last night, DP and I made the kids' craft party bags.

Tomorrow I'm having my eyebrows threaded and washing 90-odd cups and saucers. Big fun!

I can't wear any underwear under my dress (apart from knickers, obv!) sad

Scheherezade Tue 08-Jan-13 20:58:41

Mine are irregular choice cortesan smile I already had them, wore them to two weddings.

Your wedding sounds amazing Toby I have nothing, bar the hall booked, for my reception.

roughtyping Tue 08-Jan-13 21:11:59

Gah. Does anyone have a checklist of Things I Must Do? Baaaaaah feeling a bit overwhelmed today.

TobyLerone Tue 08-Jan-13 21:32:59

Don't panic, scheherezade/rough! I only got engaged in August, and apart from booking things I had done barely anything until the last month or so.

How long until your wedding, rough? I'm not the authority on weddings, obv, but I might be able to help.

roughtyping Tue 08-Jan-13 21:52:14

toby grin

Wedding is 3rd August. Just feeling a bit disorganised, I know I really have months and months, just been reading lots of wedding websites...

Scheherezade Tue 08-Jan-13 22:52:41

TBF my excuse is we can't sort anything until the village hall committee have met and decided what they're doing with the place. But now that we might be having to find 5-10K to buy a house, we're getting a bit desperate trying to think how to decorate it nicely. Food isn't a bother really, we have the fish and chip and ice cream vans for the day at £7.50 a head. Then just a load of cheap punch for the day, sandwiches, wine boxes and beer kegs for night.

Met with the vicar again today to decide on our order of service. Lucky for me I get on with him well (it's a small village) and we go to church regularly anyway, so he's really helpful. Trying to decide on music for our organist, since I've paid for him I might as well use him!

TobyLerone Thu 10-Jan-13 08:49:53

So when will you know?

rubyrubyruby Thu 10-Jan-13 08:59:04

Toby - hope all goes well on Saturday.
Enjoy you day xx

TobyLerone Thu 10-Jan-13 09:08:51

Thank you! I'm currently still in bed, despite having several dairy/gluten-free cakes to bake, along with a couple of lemon drizzles, and flowers to buy.

I am a lazy caaah.

Scheherezade Thu 10-Jan-13 09:20:59

23rd

That's a lot of cakes! Are you having a wedding cake? How many guests?

Our vicar has found us a house smile

TobyLerone Thu 10-Jan-13 09:31:07

I've made my wedding cake already. It's a 3-tiered Victoria sandwich and it's in the freezer. I will fill it with vanilla whipped cream and strawberry jam and assemble it on Saturday morning.

I think we have around 80 guests.

Good luck for the meeting!

TobyLerone Thu 10-Jan-13 09:31:25

Oooh and congrats on the house grin

Scheherezade Thu 10-Jan-13 09:48:29

Omg asif you have made all your own cakes and decorations! You need to upload pics to online album so we can see them smile

Are you having any beauty treatments done, nails, waxing etc?

Scheherezade Thu 10-Jan-13 09:50:49

What other decs/table settings are you having?

What happens with taking your husbands name, does it need to be formally done at the town hall?

TobyLerone Thu 10-Jan-13 12:05:43

When we have set everything up tomorrow I will get some photos. It's all all over my living room at the moment!

On the tables we have a mishmash of stuff. Blackboard-painted bottles with flowers in, lace-covered jam jars with candles in, and little clear tealight holders too. The occasional jug with flowers in dotted about. Fairy lights on the beams in the hall, and ivy. There is a big fireplace where we will have some logs with fairy lights wound around them. The registrar will stand in front of it and while she's doing the ceremony we'll have a big candelabra each side of her. They will get moved after the ceremony so kids don't knock them over/set fire to themselves!

Outside we have little lanterns with candles in in the tree, the tealight chandelier from our bell tent, some of those paper candle bags you fill with sand, and more fairy lights.

As for taking his name, I think it's just automatic. You show your marriage certificate to the bank/passport/driving licence people and just change it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now