Second hand wedding dress

(11 Posts)
Worley Sun 06-Jan-13 23:31:37

my auntie had hers made cheaply and sent from china with a few alterations done here. it was beautiful.

janji Sun 06-Jan-13 23:29:20

Bhs and debenhams do some nice ones for reasonable prices!

BadIdeaBear Sun 06-Jan-13 23:18:50

Mine was also off ebay for £30 plus P&P - you can narrow down the search to UK if you don't want to worry about shipping/ customs/ or reviews on poor quality etc. You can also filter to second hand but unused if you'd prefer that option and plenty still came up for me like that.

splashymcsplash Sat 08-Dec-12 18:26:48

I bought mine off eBay. Dress didn't meet reserve so I contacted to buyer and asked to come try it on and buy it if it fitted. I gota designer dress in perfect condition for around 15% its original price.

NiffStipplesHauntsLaSenza Sat 13-Oct-12 19:42:28

I ordered one from china, it's made to measure and looks gorgeous, it was delivered in 4 weeks (website said 5-6weeks) they emailed me the second it was dispatched with a tracking number and it was here 2 days later grin

And it cost £75 with delivery (dress was £57) I can't wait to wear it in 5 weeks grin

oohlaalaa Wed 03-Oct-12 12:23:19

or sparkly sash, rather than belt. It was very pretty.

oohlaalaa Wed 03-Oct-12 12:22:32

I bought a sample dress for £400.

One of the nicest weddings, I have been to, the bride bought the dress from Coast, and wore it with some fab accessories, including a sparkly belt from Not on the Highstreet.

I don't think you need to spend as much as the magazines tell you to.

Spadz Mon 01-Oct-12 15:20:36

Hi, Check out the Suffolk Wedding Dress Exchange. www.suffolkweddingdressexchange.co.uk. We have a huge selection of second halnd dresses starting from £150 and you can come in and try them on - taking the risk out of buying online. Good luck finding your perfect dress.
Sarah

cupcakelover1983 Sun 30-Sep-12 22:43:58

Preloved is also good for second hand dresses grin

DorisIsWaiting Sun 30-Sep-12 20:35:33

Ebay or Gumtree there are normally loads! You can narrow down the search to local ones or get a slightly bigger size and get a local dress maker to adjust.

DulcetMoans Sun 30-Sep-12 20:16:37

I went to try dresses on for the first time today with varying degrees of success. Even though I went to a sale event I was taken back by just how expensive they are! We are planning a small wedding and it seems counter productive to then spend £600-£800 on a dress. Does anyone have experience of buying dresses secondhand and could maybe recommend any websites? I have looked at my local Oxfam secondhand bridal and there is nothing there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now