Candlelit church wedding

(54 Posts)
GW297 Sat 08-Sep-12 23:03:09

My friend has asked me to help her plan her wedding. They want a small, understated affair in a little church they have found by candlelight for about 50 guests. There is a short walk to a hotel for the reception. They want fireworks and a singles table with male/female singles sitting alternately.

Did you have a wedding similar to this or have you attended one? What made it special/fun?

Startailoforangeandgold Mon 17-Sep-12 23:34:55

And green (how did snd get past autocorrect???)

GW297 Mon 17-Sep-12 23:37:06

Startailoforangeandgold - that sounds absolutely lovely. I wasn't that sure when they first told me they wanted a winter wedding as I've never been to one before but now I'm completely sold on the idea!

Secondsop Tue 18-Sep-12 00:43:33

Excellent points on the lanterns, LRD . Consider my suggestion duly retracted!

I love a winter wedding. Unless it's, say, Christmas eve, which someone I know once had, somewhere quite remote, which was wonderful for them but didn't go down desperately well with a lot of the guests.

Cahoots Sat 20-Oct-12 13:15:33

My DB and DSIL married on a wet and wild winters day. There were lots of candles in the church and it looked amazing. My DSIL dress was gold coloured and looked spectacular in the candle light. It was so atmospheric.

Hard to plan the weather though confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now