Stressing over what to buy as a wedding gift

(28 Posts)
2beornot Tue 28-Aug-12 19:41:36

Hi everyone. Someone in my team is getting married next week and I've been arranging the department card and present. Thing is, I have no idea what to buy. They have no wedding list (asked for money towards honeymoon). I could get vouchers but I'd prefer to buy a gift if anyone has any great ideas? TIA

Leeds2 Thu 30-Aug-12 20:20:32

I hate the idea of asking for money. More, I think, on an individual basis because the bride and groom would know exactly what we had spent. I don't think that applies so much with an office collection, because noone knows exactly how much each person put in.

So, in this case, I would probably convert the cash into euros/dollars etc, and put it in the card.

Incidentally, I am currently planning a honeymoon (not my own!) and am amazed at the number of brochures aimed at honeymooners which have quite detailed instructions as to how to set up a gift list with, for example, Kuoni or Thomas Cook.

popsypie Thu 30-Aug-12 20:23:44

I got a really nice thing for my friend from notonthehighstreet.co.uk
It is the date of the wedding presented as different door numbers then their names and the date again underneath. Nicer than it sounds - frame and colour choices too. Can't work out how to attach on this phone, but if you go to site and look on "personalised wedding gifts" you will see it. It was a real hit. Cost about £50 inc postage

2beornot Thu 30-Aug-12 23:14:41

Thanks for input. I finally decided to just ask him. Ok so it ruins the surprise but at least they'll get what they want. And in case your interested he said John Lewis vouchers!! (I may get a wine glass and pint glass engraved with their wedding date too as we got quite a bit and it should be cheap). Thank you agsin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now