Getting Married in Leicestershire

(47 Posts)

Hi I just wondered if anyone has been married in Leicestershire and can recommend a venue. I am looking to get married in 2014. I live in South Leicestershire. Ideally we need a venue with accomodation or accomodation nearby.We have roughly 80 guests for the day including children and 140 in total for the evening.

So far we have looked at Ullesthorpe Court, Shearsby Bath and Bosworth Hall. So any experiences of those venues would be great. Thank You.

Homebird8 Tue 04-Sep-12 10:21:09

Take a look at Ansty Hall Hotel (about 2 miles from Coombe Abbey if you're looking at that option) Ansty Hall

Have been to look at Sketchley Grange and have to say at first i wasnt too sure as its very modern but on closer inspection we both really liked it.

Haha thats ok. We had our quote for Normanton Park Hotel which i love.Its £8000 plus £650 for the church and £350 for the registrar.That doesnt even include a dj,master of ceremonies or table flowers. I just can't spend that much. So we are going to look at Bosworth again which is £6000 and includes dj and accomodation for Bride and Groom.

NotAChocolateRaisin Tue 28-Aug-12 15:21:11

Sorry to ruin the tone of the thread but I clicked on the Rutland Water link (local to me, I was curious) and am overwhelmed by the size of the featured brides boobs.

www.greethamvalley.co.uk/weddings-and-special-occasions/greetham-brides-gallery/?album=2&gallery=42

Again, sorry to add vulgarity to the thread. Good luck with your wedding!
grin

Yes im afraid thats what put me off city rooms no outside space. Especially now ive seen somewhere like Normanton in such a beautiful setting.

TinyDiamond Mon 13-Aug-12 00:27:14

My Sis is getting married at city rooms in October. It's nice but downside is no outside space so you'd have to travel somewhere else for photos etc adding on transport costs that otherwise you would probably avoid.
She also looked at rothley court-they are very reasonably priced.
I went to a wedding at kirby muxloe castle hotel in May. I'd avoid there though the staff were horrendously rude to everyone including the bride and groom and the hotel rooms were crap

rebecca87 Sun 12-Aug-12 18:34:59

Hi we got married 2 months ago at The City Rooms, so pleased our wedding came in at under £3,500 there they were amazing. If you want to see any photos I can email some of ours x

ViviPru Sun 12-Aug-12 18:30:04

You've nothing to lose, why not?

Glad you like Normanton Church. it's really very special.

We went to look at Normanton church today and Normanton Park Hotel(best western). Im in love. It is such a beautiful setting. We have an official booking at the hotel in a few weeks so i just hope the price is doable. Is it acceptable to haggle with venues??

Elkieb Fri 10-Aug-12 21:59:42

Brooksby hall near Melton. Friend got married at the church on site. Was great.

Elkieb Fri 10-Aug-12 21:59:05

City rooms is supposed to be pretty nice too.

Elkieb Fri 10-Aug-12 21:57:47

Kilworth house. My friend got married there and I was in no way envy of her. Not at all salivates over steak dinner

JumpingJetFlash Fri 10-Aug-12 21:49:55

I had my wedding at Coombe abbey and had an amazing time - we had ours in the stables which is quite gothic medieval and was AMAZING. Had similar numbers to you and nothing was too much trouble. Although it is medieval we had trad tables rather than benches as felt it'd do my Grampy's back in. Also we didn't need much decoration as it was so LOVELY!!! (can you tell that I loved it ;-))

Good accomadation and a premier inn really close if wanted a cheaper choice :-)

ViviPru Fri 10-Aug-12 21:41:54

It looks fab, Pickle. I'd have considered it myself were I not totally fixated on our wedding being on our doorstep...

Bonkerz Fri 10-Aug-12 20:58:08

My Sil got married at Bosworth hall and it was a gorgeous venue and a lovely day and evening.

tigerdriverII Fri 10-Aug-12 20:53:40

Is Stapleford Park near you. Just been to a wedding there it's amazing.

PickleSarnie Fri 10-Aug-12 20:51:09

Awwwww, those pictures make me all wistful vivi, I want to do it all again.

They may have put the price up since but for info, it was £500 to hire normanton church and then about £400 for the registrar from Oakham who was really lovely.

GurlwiththeFrothyGoldMedal Fri 10-Aug-12 20:06:01

Another suggestion, not in Leicestershire, but not too far from you. What about the Coombe Abbey hotel on the edge of Coventry?

GurlwiththeFrothyGoldMedal Fri 10-Aug-12 20:04:21

Have never been to a wedding at Ullesthorpe Court, but eat there regularly and have always been treated very well indeed. Another suggestion would be the Royal Arms at Sutton Cheney. Have heard very mixed reviews about Bosworth Hall and Sketchley Grange.

ViviPru Fri 10-Aug-12 19:58:37
ViviPru Fri 10-Aug-12 19:55:59

<Waves>

Hey Bue grin

ViviPru Fri 10-Aug-12 19:54:38

Neither did I.

That's with masses of DIY and friends and family doing lots of the graft too. The site hire/marquee/event hire/food/drink is around 7-8k, that's with a bargain basement marquee and just canapes and BBQ main for 80.

I'm spanking a bit of a wedge on our photographer, but I'm really into photography and also planning to turn the site into a wedding venue so will use the photos for the business.

It's nuts, and I really am trying to get the best value, but keeping 80 people fed/watered/sheltered/comfortable/entertained for the day is expensive sad

Bue Fri 10-Aug-12 19:52:59

There is a party barn near Countesthorpe on the A426 (think it might be called Whetstone) but I have no idea what it's like.

If you're near Lutterworth you should look at Brownsover Hall Hotel or Rugby School. Stunning venues, both of them. (Think you can only have your reception at the school though, it's not licensed for civil weddings.) Normanton Church is amazing. I dream of that venue!

<waves to Vivi from last week's BYOB thread. Didn't know there were so many of us hipster bride types round these parts smile>

Wow ViviPru. I dont really want to get up to that amount.

Ive looked at abroad Malta its about 900 for the ceremony room etc. Then obviously you book a holiday/honeymoon. But DP says its too expensive for his family and that im being selfish as whats the point of getting married if no ones there hmmm i think he has completely different views on marriage to me.

ViviPru Fri 10-Aug-12 11:04:58

tip* not top hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now