veils

(9 Posts)
MissWooWoo Thu 26-Jul-12 18:10:50

I have the dress (!) and now need a veil - I'm thinking knee length but not sure if I want single or 2 tier, I need to try some on! Who's got a good selection in London/Kent?

itsjustmeanon Fri 27-Jul-12 14:45:00

I had a single tier chapel length veil with lace edge. Spent longer considering the veil than dress. I also like short puffy veils. Rockmydress and lovemydress are good for inspiration.

emsyj Sat 28-Jul-12 15:28:27

Kelly Spence in Hertford makes them to order and has a little studio out the back of her house where you can try on. She's very nice too. I think her veils are stocked in Suzanne Neville.

Also try Luella's Boudoir in Wimbledon for a good treasure trove of accessories. They now also sell dresses, but accessories are the focus.

MissWooWoo Mon 30-Jul-12 16:12:06

I don't suppose any of the big department stores have them do they? Hertford is a bit far out for me

emsyj Mon 30-Jul-12 16:27:05

You might find some in BHS.

There is a big bridal shop on the main street in Bexleyheath that will have some - but not sure how many, you might want to ring up and check before you go.

MissWooWoo Mon 27-Aug-12 16:31:02

just thought I would report back for other brides to be in search of veils that don't cost the earth - I ordered a finger tip one with a few diamontes on £25 including shipping from jenjen house, it's lovely and took less than a week to come - take that £148 veils!

sashh Fri 31-Aug-12 04:21:01

£148 for a veil - bloody hell I'm going into business.

BellaOfTheBalls Fri 31-Aug-12 04:27:38

I got mine from The Wedding Veil Shop online. They make to order and their prices are very competitive.

Google them!

MissWooWoo Sat 01-Sep-12 23:14:43

ha ha I said the exact same thing to my future MIL a few hours ago - money for old net rope

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now