table names instead of numbers - nicer or naff?

(59 Posts)
stuffitunderthebed Sun 15-Jul-12 21:05:05

Just that really! Do we name the tables to a theme or places special to us etc or just leave as table 1, 2 etc? What did you do?

BadIdeaBear Mon 07-Jan-13 23:15:24

We're either going with musical symbols - (no names or numbers at all!), or with Edinburgh Fringe Festival locations (as we've gone together each year we've been together), and I'll have performed there the month before we get married.

Although I do really like the idea of finding something that suits people on the table - it does mean they have to be cohesive groups, hmmmm thinking

TheBrideofMucky Tue 08-Jan-13 15:49:21

We're having our children's favourite films with corresponding photographs. Particularly looking forward to putting one auntie on the "Monsters inc" table. grin

Hemlet Wed 09-Jan-13 11:23:02

We had "I love you" in different languages. Looked great all written down :-)

BadIdeaBear Wed 09-Jan-13 12:00:02

Oooh *Hemlet, I love that, as a linguist! Oh dear, but I've already got too many ideas!

MrsWembley Wed 09-Jan-13 19:41:47

I am soooo pinching this idea for our do when it actually happens.grin

M0naLisa Wed 16-Jan-13 02:37:58

Do you know........
I can't even remember blush it's 7 years in December and I can't remember hmm

But I seem to remember something about Christmas. Could have been things to do with Christmas, like Angel, Christmas Tree, Bauble, Tinsel but I could be making it up :-/

Hmm I'm going to have to have a think about this. sad

redexpat Fri 18-Jan-13 19:19:47

We had different lego men. A friend had the west end shows that they had been to see together. I wasn't sure if she was implying something by putting me on the Sweney Todd: demon barber of fleet street table?

Tigerbomb Fri 18-Jan-13 20:34:03

We got married and I wanted to name our tables after famous monsters by DH vetoed it

We compromised on Terry Pratchett Disc world characters. I managed to sneak in Granny Weatherwax and Nanny Ogg (witches), Rincewind (wizard) etc

Top table was Lord Vetinari which seemed apt

I think football related is good, maybe named after players/managers of the team(s) you support

Tigerbomb Fri 18-Jan-13 20:34:34

The monsters theme was because we got married at Halloween

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now