What was your first dance song?

(88 Posts)
JobCarHouseNoBaby Mon 25-Jun-12 21:56:42

This evening DP seriously suggested I Am The One And Only hmm

We need inspiration... so, what was your first dance?

ChristmasNamechangeBridezilla Sun 06-Jan-13 23:54:57

Walked in to Ben Howard "Only Love"
Left to "Your Body is a Wonderland" John Mayer

First dance started as Stars "My Favourite Book" then after a few bars became The Futureheads version of "Hounds of Love" and the wedding party all joined in and started jumping around, was a bit lively for a first dance but its what we wanted. grin

bsmirched Sun 06-Jan-13 23:51:04

We had Someone to Watch Over Me by Ella Fitzgerald.

cece Sun 06-Jan-13 23:48:06

Paul Weller - You Do Something To Me.

janji Sun 06-Jan-13 23:41:42

When you say nothing at all; ronan keating. Cheesy to say the least but it was 2000 and words seemed to fit our feelings spot on.

bureni Sun 06-Jan-13 23:11:02

Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd.

BadIdeaBear Sun 06-Jan-13 23:06:42

Chasing Cars is lovely, GlaikitFizzHogmany - nice choice by your DH! I'm gonna be singing that with a group during our drinks reception!

BadIdeaBear Sun 06-Jan-13 23:05:43

A bit dark for us... our (loose) theme is angels but def not the Robbie Williams for us!!! Going with
Angel by Massive Attack and gonna get someone to teach us a slinky slow dance. Then segue into Bad Romance!! hehe

Sallster Thu 03-Jan-13 14:08:55

Home, by Depeche Mode. It's a lot longer than you think when it's just the two of you on the dancefloor!!

I don't want to miss a thing by Aerosmith, and I walked the aisle to Canon in D Minor by Pachelbel which still makes me teary when I hear it and its our 5th wedding anniversary tomorrow smile

SweetTeaVodka Thu 03-Jan-13 13:45:38

You Had Me From Hello by Bon Jovi.

SoYo Thu 03-Jan-13 13:25:39

It had to be you - the Harry Connick Jr version from When Harry Met Sally (we both love the film, only one in our house we have 2 copies of!). We tried to teach ourselves to Foxtrot in our dining room with large amounts of wine & YouTube. The results were not slick but were funny!

GlaikitFizzHogmany Thu 03-Jan-13 10:27:19

We had chasing cars. DHs choice, wouldn't have been mine, but the band we had did a lovely version. And dh really did need to have some sort of input to the day wink

catinsantasboots Thu 03-Jan-13 10:21:29

Last Night a DJ Saved My Life

SageBush Thu 03-Jan-13 10:14:51

Night and Day - in an ideal world it would've been sung by Ella Fitzgerald herself, but we had quite a cool band who made a decent job of it, and then played lots of jazzy, rat-pack sort of stuff - it was great!

Beaverfeaver Thu 03-Jan-13 10:05:47

Waiting for a star to fall by Boy meets Girl

(Soundtrack song to 3 men and a little lady)

Nicole2781 Wed 19-Dec-12 18:09:01

Ahh these songs are lovely grin

I'm getting married in 7 weeks and will be having "love you till the end" by the pogues (the version from p.s I love you) I can't wait!!!smile

winemakesmeclever Tue 23-Oct-12 21:32:27

gladys knight's "you're the best thing that ever happened to me". The words were (and still are) very meaningful.

Polyethyl Tue 23-Oct-12 21:31:09

The eightsome reel - great fun

shockers Tue 23-Oct-12 21:24:26

Dulcetmoans, it's by the Wannadies. We had that as a sort of 'first dance'... our reception was in our garden and we just sort of bounced around grin.

ubwlondon Tue 23-Oct-12 20:14:26

Al Green, Let's stay together for us as well. On a Greek beach under the stars...

yahnyinlondon Tue 23-Oct-12 18:56:31

We had two weddings (long story, we met and live in uk but families are in two locations in Oz).

Family wedding in Oz walked down aisle to Canon in D by Pachelbel and had Fly Me to the Moon by Frank Sinatra for our first dance.

London wedding walked down aisle to T by Glasser, lyrics are beautiful. For our first dance we let everyone choose one and they chose Land Down Under but the dj segwayed into Fly Me to the Moon for us.

newmum001 Tue 23-Oct-12 18:38:29

I'll be having Save The Last Dance for my by The Drifters. My grandad was my hero and died a few years ago. This was his favourite song and will be my tribute to him on my wedding day.

Second dance will be I'll Be by Edwin McCain.

My best friend had 'I'm feeling good' by Nina Simone...

Sorry, I got married 8 weeks ago and think I've bored everyone senseless....hence me hijacking posts here!

My brother sang, with his guitar, 'i love you because' by Johnny cash during the signing of the register. The church literally shook when everyone applauded :-) Another great song!

The wonder of you by Elvis.....words just sum up us to a tee. The whole room was singing it; really was amazing :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now