What was your first dance song?

(88 Posts)
JobCarHouseNoBaby Mon 25-Jun-12 21:56:42

This evening DP seriously suggested I Am The One And Only hmm

We need inspiration... so, what was your first dance?

FaceCrack Fri 27-Jul-12 17:10:44

We settled on what a wonderful world by Louis Armstrong.

Dh wanted afternoon delight from Anchorman grin

daisydee43 Sat 01-Sep-12 21:07:30

I had no idea but chose wet wet wet love is all around, about a wk before wedding after hearing it on radio blush

RikersBeard Sat 01-Sep-12 21:11:56

pirate we very nearly had Something Changed!

But we had God Only Knows by the Beach Boys instead. It makes me a bit teary still.

StellaNova Sat 01-Sep-12 21:13:26

This Will Be Our Year by the Zombies, followed by Let's Get Married by the Proclaimers

scarlettsmummy2 Sat 01-Sep-12 21:14:08

When you say nothing at all- ronan keating

lucidlady Sat 01-Sep-12 21:15:55

Iris by the goo goo dolls. I adore that song.

Trazzletoes Sat 01-Sep-12 21:17:41

And I love her by The Beatles. DH wanted Angel by Jimi Hendrix but didn't want to dance for 6 minutes grin. And I love her was the shortest song I could find for him!

LouMacca Sat 01-Sep-12 21:17:45

You do something to me - Paul Weller

Lagartijadoesthecrazyshake Sat 01-Sep-12 21:18:12

Have I told you lately by Van Morrison. Nice words and tune and easy to dance to.

DesperatelySeekingPomBears Sun 02-Sep-12 09:57:28

We're having 'Happy to be stuck with you' by Huey Lewis grin it's that or 'You're the reason our kids are ugly' but that seems a tad harsh on DS.

gladders Sun 02-Sep-12 10:01:51

'Flowers in the window' by Travis - great words.....

bigTillyMint Sun 02-Sep-12 10:04:35

Macy Gray - I try. You can't dance to itgrin

EdithWeston Sun 02-Sep-12 10:08:31

We didn't have that sort of wedding.

But I went to one where they had 'You're my best friend' by Queen and that stuck in my mind as a lovely choice.

DulcetMoans Mon 03-Sep-12 09:03:17

Won't say what we are planning (not sure why, you probably don't know me!) but I would have like you and me song - band escapes me! How annoying, I know I know that. Anyway, you know, 'you and me,always, and forever!'

eggsandwich Thu 13-Sep-12 19:46:49

Rock Me for old time sake- FREDDIE JACKSON

We had..
Everything Michael Buble for our first dance. DH rang me and sang it to me the day after got together

then we had Better Together by Jack johnson to dance to with DS

We also had band of gold by Seth Lakeman in the church during the registers which is a blissful song..

Hope you enjoy your first dance as much as we did!

SingingSands Thu 13-Sep-12 19:55:21

Bryan Adams - Heaven (live accoustic version). It was lovely.

I heard it again recently on Radio 2, whilst stacking the dishwasher and was transported out of my domestic drudgery, back to that time again for a few moments smile

Virgil Thu 13-Sep-12 19:56:07

Let's stay together Al Green. Makes me feel all mushy if I hear it smile

AGreenie Thu 13-Sep-12 20:02:48

Got married 4 weeks ago, we had 'us against the world' by Coldplay - we would have had yellow but had that sung by choir for my entrance ...

Not quite married yet, but I think we've narrowed it down to Candi Staton's You Got The Love. My favourite EVER was some friends last year who had Fleetwood Mac and Everywhere...

RuckAndRoll Mon 17-Sep-12 15:26:49

Starship - Nothings gonna stop us now followed by Can't take my eyes off of you (very personal to us but harder to dance to!)

Just hit play on my laptop music and it played Starship smile

urbanturban Mon 17-Sep-12 15:46:33

Brown Eyed Girl by Van Morrison, 'our' song.......wanted something a bit different, (and not soppy) as we didn't want to do the whole 'awkward swaying' thing!

Followed by 'Amazed' by Lonestar, where we DID do the awkward swaying...! grin

LostItYearsAgo Tue 18-Sep-12 13:22:50

Beyonce's version of Ave Maria. Still gives me goosebumps if I hear it now grin

Everybody needs somebody by the Blues Brothers. Actually that was the second song, we requested "a bit of non-descript slush to sway to" for our first dance, then they let rip with the Blues Brothers and everyone joined us on the dance floor.

JoJoB77 Tue 18-Sep-12 14:13:38

We had 'my best girl' by UB40 smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now