How is winter looking?

(17 Posts)
DesolateWaist Fri 16-Sep-16 23:33:17

Will it be properly cold?
Will there actually be a frost?
I've not had the winter duvet out in an age, just didn't need it last winter.

HopeClearwater Fri 16-Sep-16 23:43:10

Er... how do you think anyone is going to be able to know the answer to this one? confused

DesolateWaist Sat 17-Sep-16 13:24:01

Because of long range weather forecasting?

Artandco Sat 17-Sep-16 13:27:10

I have had my winter woolen duvet on all year so far..

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 17-Sep-16 13:28:34

I've been sleeping with just a sheet on the bed and last night had to get up and find my 4tog as I was a bit chilly!

The met office contingency forecast goes from September - November. At the moment they reckon it is a little more likely to be warmer and wetter than average.

Next one should be out early October and it will give us a bit more of an insight into the winter - perhaps!

DesolateWaist Sun 18-Sep-16 16:56:31

Thank you Kitten, at least it wasn't a completely ridiculous question.......

Warmer and wetter than average seems to be something of a theme doesn't it.

It's not a ridiculous question, only a couple of weeks early before we can start to guess.

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Sun 18-Sep-16 18:20:21

well...imo we are in for a hard winter...

the dog is moulting like crazy and idiotcat is eating me out of house and home and his coat is much denser than I have ever known it!

GissASquizz Sun 18-Sep-16 18:20:56

Please not mild and wet. I want a dry, cold winter.

Branleuse Sun 18-Sep-16 18:43:45

I love speculations on weather, so placemarking.

I would like to place a pre-order for non-stormy weather in October and November please

<presents Amex card>

due to some of the highest astronomical tides during springs in both months. If there is accompanying storm surge, it could cause some coastal flooding.

DesolateWaist Sun 18-Sep-16 18:57:17

Well I hope that answers Hope's question.

Anyway, I want a proper cold one, mainly so I don't die under a sea of slugs.

takesnoprisoners Sun 18-Sep-16 19:12:08

I think we will finally have a nice cold, freeze. We haven't had one in so many years!! (No science behind this, just a hope..)

megletthesecond Wed 21-Sep-16 22:15:20

Another one who wants a slug killing cold wonter . they're out of control at the moment.

GloriaSmud Thu 22-Sep-16 10:07:14

Yes, slugs a-plenty rampaging here and some of them are mahoosive as well!

I enjoy looking at some weather websites for their winter forecasts. My usual ones are:
TheWeatherOutlook, Netweather and Weatheronline.

Elfontheedge Thu 22-Sep-16 10:19:41

I just want the flies and wasps to fuck off! Also I'm sick of wet and mild. I'm on maternity leave and I want to enjoy it not slosh about in soggy weather trying to put off leaving the house sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now