Gale warnings for today.

(21 Posts)
OhYouBadBadKitten Mon 01-Jun-15 10:24:07

www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=map&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1433113200

Unusual to see such a widespread gale warning in June. Gusts to 70mph along parts of the south coast and parts of the Irish and Welsh coast. 50-60mph inland. I would expect to see trees down given they are in full leaf now.

OhYouBadBadKitten Mon 01-Jun-15 10:24:24

clicky link

GloriaSmud Mon 01-Jun-15 10:54:16

We (as in our bit of the East Midlands) weren't covered by the warning earlier on but we are now ~ looks like it's going to be a windy and wet 24 hours.

BlackeyedSusan Mon 01-Jun-15 11:05:53

our warning appeared at about 8.30 I was relieved to read the time when it appeared as I thought I was having a mad moment when I had not seen it earlier this morning. blush (first day back at school and all that)

not good when the trees are in full leaf.

GloriaSmud Mon 01-Jun-15 14:42:52

Getting darker and the wind's getting up here (Leicester)
Huge splodge of rain showing up on raintoday.

OhYouBadBadKitten Mon 01-Jun-15 15:25:28

That looks pretty potent! Still not had chance to secure my plants today - going to be a mad dash I think.

BobbiTheCynicalPanda Mon 01-Jun-15 15:58:39

I'm in the southern section of NW England.Rural. Looks like we're in for it.
We're bound to get some trees down here, and they'll take some of the electricity cables with them, so I've got my power cut kit ready. It gets a lot of use where I live but I don't think I've needed it in bloody June before!

LittleMissIntrovert Mon 01-Jun-15 16:02:29

I've just put the football goal in the conservatory (it's a lightweight one that's held in by a couple of pegs) as I don't trust it not too take off!

The rain has started in West Yorkshire and the wind is picking up. We have some big trees behind us which are in full leaf, hope they don't come down, I must admit I am a bit worried!

GloriaSmud Mon 01-Jun-15 16:48:37

Some wind speeds for the UK here.
It keeps clouding over, has an attempt at rain and then brightens up again here. At the moment we seem to be having a sunny spell.

kimmyw Mon 01-Jun-15 16:50:55

Its been very windy here in Devon today. Looks like a day in January not June! Our summers are so rubbish!

GloriaSmud Mon 01-Jun-15 18:31:10

Still attempting to rain here but only squally showers so far.
Low pressure system showing nicely here.

OhYouBadBadKitten Mon 01-Jun-15 18:40:04

Really nice squall line developing. Looks like it will hit the NW hardest when it arrives later tonight. There is potential for an isolated tornado or two.

OhYouBadBadKitten Mon 01-Jun-15 19:21:28

Still looking pretty nasty for the NW, less so for the south than it did this morning, but still pretty strong winds.

Thetruthshallmakeyefret Mon 01-Jun-15 20:23:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OhYouBadBadKitten Mon 01-Jun-15 22:04:14

It has been generally windier I think. Nothing mad up until today, but still windy.

Thetruthshallmakeyefret Mon 01-Jun-15 22:13:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OhYouBadBadKitten Mon 01-Jun-15 22:36:02

Ive been noticing how quickly my washing dries and how creaky my hanging basket is!

It does not sound like June out there. wind is moaning and things are blowing down the road.

EdithWeston Mon 01-Jun-15 22:40:13

It feels positively autumnal.

OhYouBadBadKitten Tue 02-Jun-15 11:16:27

Everyone survive last night alright? grin

GloriaSmud Tue 02-Jun-15 14:16:09

<struggles to shut door and smoothes down unruly mop of hair with masses of hair gel> Yes fine grin

It's really blowy still ~ can hear the top part of a fence panel knocking against a fence post in the garden. Unfortunately it's right behind a rapidly growing buddleia bush so think that's a job for the autumn when the buddleia gets cut back a bit. Let's hope we don't get too many of these blustery days before then!

GloriaSmud Tue 02-Jun-15 14:24:03

Have to add for all the blowiness, it's quite warm and humid though! ~ 21.8C

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now