September weather

(22 Posts)
notamonkeysuncle Mon 25-Aug-14 07:49:11

I don't usually post on this bit of the site but I'm a silent watcher.

Just wondered if anyone has any idea what the weather will be like early/mid september?

We're off to the Somerset coast and really hoping it wont be a total wash out

OhYouBadBadKrillitane Tue 26-Aug-14 10:32:28

Its actually looking potentially more settled smile

iwantgin Tue 26-Aug-14 10:33:33

I hope it does pick up.

This past couple of weeks has really got me down. It's like autumn here today anyway - grey, cold and with loads of brown leaves fluttering down the street.

HesterShaw Tue 26-Aug-14 13:29:43

Didn't I say back in June "Great June = Shit August = Good September"? Didn't I? What do you mean, you don't remember?

It has felt like an early Autumn doesn't it? My house is leaking sad

OhYouBadBadKrillitane Tue 26-Aug-14 13:53:37

I guess I ought to check the loft sad I've not been brave enough.

First bit of August was alright though.

notamonkeysuncle Tue 26-Aug-14 15:31:51

Oh that's good news. I'll be happy if it's at least dry but would like a bit of sun

HesterShaw Tue 26-Aug-14 17:44:30

Oh yeah I guess the first bit was ok. Then bloody Bertha showed up, the bitch.

I'm on holiday in Scotland (since Saturday) and although it's quite cool it's been mainly fine and sunny, not a drop of rain so far, certainly makes a change (we come here this time every year).

digerd Wed 27-Aug-14 06:34:05

SE
Yesterday the ornamental flowering plum tree dropped all its dark red leaves right opposite me.
I remember last year the oak trees were dropping their acorns very early and the squirrels were having a field day gathering their nuts.
This morning is a clear sky but no sun to see yet as behind the roof tops opposite. 9.6 degrees

funkybuddah Wed 03-Sep-14 07:52:40

The metro have a headline claiming that Britain will have above average temperatures for 3 months but it's actually a 35% chance. Makes a change from the Express snow warnings that get trotted out around now.

Funky - which 3 months are they talking about?

funkybuddah Wed 03-Sep-14 11:57:25

Ok, it comes from the met office contingency planners outlook. Which says that because of warmer than average sea temps we might end up with more of a blocked pattern high pressure which in early autumn tends to mean warmer, more settled weather but more potential for fog mid autumn and then cold weather as we move into winter.
It also gives us a 50% chance of an average autumn!

funkybuddah Wed 03-Sep-14 18:56:05

So still best to take a few days ahead at a time haha ;)
I hope we get a decent amount of frosty days , last year was bobbins.

I will put in an order for a warm sunny September through to mid October Then a good (but not dangerous) autumn gale followed by cold crisp nights, a bit of fog for atmosphere and cool but clear days November, saving the snow for December.

Meglet Fri 05-Sep-14 12:29:23

A warm autumn would be heavenly. I might be able to get my gas bill right down for once. Last years rain, bloody endless rain, saw my gas bill go through the roof trying to get clothes dry and keep the house from feeling damp.

GloriaSmud Fri 05-Sep-14 12:55:14

Ooo yes, warm autumn, with a little overnight rain (to keep the allotment happy), some days with both sun and wind (for drying washing and to allow the odd day out to admire the autumn leaves) and snow in December, once the children have finished for the holidays.

Perihelion Wed 10-Sep-14 22:46:26

So far so good grin. Days of no rain and some sun ( and endless talk of the referendum ) in Edinburgh.

Its been ok here so far too. I'm starting to get low on water butt water for my tomatoes (which have some blight sad )
However, this morning it is 9C so I'd quite like the cloud to go away please.

Meglet Sun 14-Sep-14 21:59:57

Two of my tom plants had blight. I pulled them up today to protect the others. Which reminds me I was on the laptop to google weed membrane for the allotment, not spend all evening on here blush.

September, so far so good though. I've pencilled in a day out in London this coming weekend so rather hope this nicely boring weather hangs around for a bit longer.

Mine have blight too. Such a promising crop sad

JerseySpud Tue 16-Sep-14 16:12:45

This weather is pure evil

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now