Getting married in Norfolk on Saturday, is the weather going to be awful?

(23 Posts)
Evenstar Tue 29-Jul-14 22:14:25

Getting married near Great Yarmouth, at a little village church, the forecasts I have managed to find are showing heavy thunder showers right through the afternoon and early evening? Any hope please? sad

Hang on a mo smile

There is a reasonable chance of some heavy and perhaps thundery showers. However there's also a reasonable chance of it remaining dry for you. Don't fret yet and give the thread the occasional bump and I'll keep looking for you.

footflapper Tue 29-Jul-14 22:24:37

Watching with interest ! It's my birthday on Sat & planning a day out in Sheringham smile

Evenstar Tue 29-Jul-14 22:29:08

Thank you so much OYBKK, am driving up to DM's tomorrow so will give it a bump nearer the day, after all this warm dry weather it would be so sad to have a wet miserable day!

Pancakeflipper Tue 29-Jul-14 22:29:26

Also watching - not gatecrashing your wedding Evenstar but off to North Norfolk to play in hopefully dry sand dunes.

Happy36 Tue 29-Jul-14 22:30:52

Congratulations, may you have a super day, whatever the weather. I'll hope for sun for you.

Currently posting from my holiday in North Norfolk after a glorious day at Holkham beach. In fact I'm a bit red even after being plastered in factor 50 and sitting in the shade - just the top of my arms, my legs are still like two milk bottles grin

Best of look for your wedding Evenstar - it is supposed to be lucky if it rains on your wedding day.

Best of LUCK even. FFS

Evenstar Tue 29-Jul-14 23:38:38

Thanks everyone smile

Showy Wed 30-Jul-14 08:57:21

Aww best of luck. I am in Norfolk but will be in Cambridge at the folk festival this weekend. Forecast for days has been that Saturday will be a mix of dry, sunny weather with potential heavy, thundery showers.

BUT...

I had thunder and rain on my wedding day and it was quite magical and ruined nowt.

My friend got married a fortnight ago and rain and thunder was forecast all week. It didn't rain once and was almost too hot.

Forecast remains similar at the moment with peak probability of showers around lunchtime. Will look again tomorrow smile

Evenstar Wed 30-Jul-14 23:22:26

Thanks OYBBK much appreciated, wedding is at 2pm so perhaps we will get the outdoor photos that we wanted afterwards.

5madthings Wed 30-Jul-14 23:25:24

It's been glorious today and last time rain was forecast we didn't get any.

Also it's very area ddependent, some aareas of Norwich had rain the other weekend but we were at the coast and no rain at all!

5madthings Wed 30-Jul-14 23:25:43

Good luck xx

It's still a sunshine and showers forecast smile clearing through mid afternoon. Pleasant temps.

Pancakeflipper Thu 31-Jul-14 09:48:16

Blowing the low pressure up Northwards......Stay away from my beach....

Tomorrow it looks lovely and I hope you both have a wonderful day.

digerd Sat 02-Aug-14 07:05:00

S. Herts.
Just done the dog walk in drizzle which didn't last more than 10 minutes.
No sun, no wind and 17 degrees atm.

GloriaSmud Sat 02-Aug-14 10:59:35

Have a lovely day ~ wine to your future together.

Evenstar Sun 03-Aug-14 18:18:39

Thanks everyone, I have been offline till today when we got to our honeymoon location. DM decided to change providers and gave notice to her existing one and then found it was a month's wait till the new one could connect her!! She is very popular as you can imagine as my teenage DS and 11 year old stepson are with her this week. The weather was perfect yesterday, we had rain overnight on Friday night which cleared the air, the morning was slightly overcast and then it cleared to lovely sunshine, the wind got up however, I thought my train was going to take off, we had the most amazing day and I just didn't want it to end smile

Congratulations and very best wishes for your future grin

Congratulations smile I'm so glad you had such a lovely day!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now