Slow moving heavy showers this week

(112 Posts)

Just a heads up, especially for those that have been lulled into a sense of summer. After today there looks to be lots of heavy slow moving showers likely. Some of them could be come quite thundery/haily by nature. I think tht wednesday/thursday look like the peak wet days and I wouldnt be surprised to seem some localised high rainfall values pretty much anywhere but perhaps with a focus on the NW and east Wales/west England.

There wasn't a warnng yesterday perihelion despite various cloud burst attempts to drown us!

Oh I know spotty. Driving me mad. Why on earth do they think that all of a sudden the Express is going to be right?

All over my fb people are posting a link from the express going on about the worst hail storm in 170 years hmmhmm

Perihelion Thu 05-Jun-14 01:27:39

Saturday's weather warning is fine as it it.....doesn't reach Edinburgh and my pal's wedding grin. Did we have a weather warning for today ( Wed ) ? If not we should have. Pishing down......

exciting!!!

WandaFuca Wed 04-Jun-14 18:17:36

Thunder and lightning, rain, hailstones, very windy, and noticeable temperature drop.

(Mid-Hampshire)

GloriaSmud Wed 04-Jun-14 09:41:45

I thought some refining might come in (about Saturday) at a later stage.

It's 'orrible out there today. Rain's eased a bit since 8am when it was throwing it down ~ I think someone used the expression a week or so back that it was 'horsing it down', which describes what it was like (and is a phrase that I would like to see added to the metoffice's official meteorological vocabulary!) It's also a chilly 11.8C so not very warm.

I think it will be hugely refined depending on exactly where the warm plume ends up. Thank goodness. For some it might be quite a pleasant day!

GloriaSmud Tue 03-Jun-14 21:08:20

Oh my ~ that's a big warning area shock

GloriaSmud Tue 03-Jun-14 16:50:41

I thought Saturday could be 'interesting' when I saw the weather forecast at lunchtime and I see that the metoffice have got a weather warning out for it already. Think I'll give the allotment a miss that day!

Oh no oybbk! There's a yellow weather warning out for rain Saturday and it's our lovely village fete! (I only go for the BBQ and pimms wink)

We could be moving into a period of thunderstorms from Saturday onwards, still unsettled but with some warmth creeping into the SE it could get 'interesting'.

digerd Mon 02-Jun-14 08:55:10

SE.
Sunday was lovely all day and the overcast sky is trying its best to break up now. 18 degrees helped by the occasional bits of hazy sunshine. smile

You are very welcome grin

ajandjjmum Sun 01-Jun-14 14:21:31

It was lovely - bit cloudy in the morning, but lots of sunny breaks in the afternoon. So we all enjoyed a chilled afternoon with no threat of rain.
Thanks for arranging that Kitten! grin

ajandjjmum Fri 30-May-14 20:10:17

smile
Thanks Kitten.

Shame!

Aj looking good for tomorrow evening smile

I'm going to Greece!

Its those stupid stubborn high pressures and a pathetic jet stream funneling in between - you can see it here press the >> to move it on.

Moscow seems to be the place to go at the moment!!

Oybbk why is it raining across Europe?! I'm going on holiday in ten days and the weather just says rain rain rain <sob> please can you fix this with your magic weather powers wink

ajandjjmum Thu 29-May-14 20:07:04

Bless your heart Kitten - it feels damp and cold here now - DH is questioning the sanity of anyone who plans a garden party in May in the UK (he has a point - but it was his idea!).

Be really grateful for any update. smile

I'm out al day tomorrow but if you give me a prod I'll try and remember to update!

ajandjjmum Thu 29-May-14 18:22:27

Thanks Kitten - just slightly north of Birmingham, so fingers crossed!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now